Auto Accident Attorney Sullivan, MO
Greater St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Sullivan, MOAutomobile Accident Lawyers
Auto accident attorney in Sullivan, MO. Auto accidents can happen suddenly and unexpectedly in Sullivan, MO. If a reckless and careless driver in the Sullivan, MO area was responsible for a crash, you need an auto accident lawyer who will work for you to recover compensation from the liable party. However, not all Sullivan, MO auto accident lawyers are created equal. You need a trustworthy and experienced law firm that prioritizes your needs. You need Halvorsen Klote. We stand by and support victims of auto accidents in throughout the Sullivan, MO area.
We have won millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients near Sullivan, MO in a variety of vehicle accident claims, including:
How Halvorsen Klote Can Help You in Sullivan, MO | Auto Accident Attorney Sullivan, MO
Were you aware that in 2022, there were 1,040 fatalities in traffic accidents in Missouri and countless more that caused injuries on Missouri’s roadways? If you or someone you know has been involved in an auto accident near Sullivan, MO, you may be dealing with legal complexities, financial challenges, emotional anguish, and physical discomfort. You may be curios how to secure adequate compensation for your injuries and losses.
That is exactly why you need a knowledgeable auto accident attorney from Halvorsen Klote. Our attorneys specialize in representing victims of auto accidents in Sullivan, MO. They can help you navigate the complex legal process, negotiate with insurance companies, prove liability and damages, and obtain fair and just compensation.
A personal injury law firm based in St. Louis, Halvorsen Klote has years of experience handling Sullivan, MO car crash cases. We have won millions of dollars for our clients and have received rave reviews from numerous satisfied customers. Our legal team is committed to serving victims and their families throughout the Sullivan, MO area. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online.
Causes and Types of Auto Accidents in Sullivan, MO | Auto Accident Attorney Sullivan, MO
Car crashes can occur for various reasons in Sullivan, MO and can involve different types of vehicles and collisions. A few of the typical causes of car crashes in Sullivan, MO are:
- Distracted driving: This happens when a driver is not paying attention to the road or the traffic because they are texting, eating, drinking, changing the music, talking to passengers, or engaging in any other activity that distracts them from driving.
- Speeding: This takes place when a driver exceeds the posted speed limit or drives too fast for the road conditions. Speeding diminishes the driver’s reaction time, expands the braking distance, and increases the severity of the accident.
- Drunk driving: This happens when a driver operates a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Drunk driving impairs the driver’s judgment, vision, coordination, and reflexes, making them more likely to cause an accident.
Depending on the type and cause of car crash, different kinds of injuries and damages can occur. Some of the common types of injuries and damages include:
- Whiplash: Caused by sudden, back-and-forth movement during a collision, this is a serious neck injury that may not display symptoms right away. It can cause pain, stiffness, headaches, dizziness, and reduced range of motion.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): A brain injury caused by a jolt or blow to the head during a collision, TBI can cause cognitive impairment, mood changes, seizures, memory loss, coma, or death.
- Spinal cord injury (SCI): A spinal injury caused by a fracture or dislocation of the vertebrae during a collision, an SCI can cause loss of bladder or bowel control, sexual dysfunction, tingling, numbness, and paralysis.
- Broken bones: These are fractures caused by the impact or pressure of a collision. They can affect any part of the body and cause pain, swelling, bruising, deformity, or infection.
- Lacerations: Cuts or tears caused by broken glass or metal shards during an accident, lacerations can cause infection, nerve damage, scarring, and bleeding.
- Burns: Caused by hot fluids or fire from an auto accident, burns can lead to severe pain, infection, disfigurement, peeling, and blistering.
Sullivan, MO auto accidents can have severe and long-lasting consequences for the victims and their families. In addition to many of the physical conditions listed above, potential consequences of auto accidents can include psychological distress – like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), fear, depression, frustration, remorse, or grief – and substantial financial hardships like healthcare, vehicle repair, income loss, diminished earning potential, or burial expenses. The Halvorsen Klote auto accident attorneys are here for you. Give us a call today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online.
Other cases Halvorsen Klote takes on in the Sullivan, MO area include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
What to Do After an Sullivan, MO Auto Accident | Auto Accident Attorney Sullivan, MO
It is vital to take specific steps to protect your legal rights, safety, and health when you or a loved one has been involved in an auto accident near Sullivan, MO. Here are some of the the steps you should take after an auto accident:
- Seek medical attention: The first and most important step is to seek medical assistance for yourself and anyone else who may be injured in Sullivan, MO. Even if you think your injuries are minor or you feel fine, you should still get checked by a medical professional as soon as possible. Some injuries may not manifest symptoms immediately or may become worse over time. Getting medical attention can also help record the damages and link them to the accident.
- Contact the police: The second step is to notify the police and document the accident. The police will come to the scene near Sullivan, MO and examine the accident. They will also create a report that includes vital information such as the date, time, exact location, weather, road conditions, witnesses, parties involved, damages, injuries, citations issued, etc. This report can be useful for your legal claim down the line.
- Collect evidence: The next step is to collect evidence from the scene of the accident in Sullivan, MO. This includes capturing pictures or videos of the vehicles involved, the vehicle and/or property damage sustained, the injuries suffered, the debris, the skid marks, the traffic signs or signals, etc. You should gather the names, addresses, phone numbers, driver’s license numbers, license plate numbers, and insurance information of all parties involved in the accident. You should also obtain the names and contact information of any witnesses who were present at the scene in Sullivan, MO. Don’t forget to save any receipts or bills related to your accident expenses.
- Avoid admitting fault or signing anything without a lawyer: Be sure to refrain from admitting fault or signing anything without a lawyer. After an accident, the other party’s lawyer or insurance company may try to contact you. They might attempt to get you to admit fault for the Sullivan, MO accident, sign a document that waives your right to sue, or accept a lowball settlement offer. You should absolutely avoid doing any of these things without consulting with your own lawyer first. Anything you say or sign can be used against you later and decrease your chances of getting fair compensation.
- Seek legal advice: The final step is to seek legal advice from an experienced auto accident lawyer in Sullivan, MO as soon as possible. A skilled attorney from Halvorsen Klote can help you understand your legal rights and options, assess your case, gather evidence, submit claims, handle insurance companies, negotiate settlements, prove liability and damages, or go to trial. An attorney can also help you avoid common errors that can affect your case, like missing deadlines, giving inconsistent statements, or accepting an inadequate settlement. Call HK Law now at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online.
Benefits of Hiring Halvorsen Klote | Auto Accident Attorney Sullivan, MO
Hiring a Sullivan, MO auto accident attorney from Halvorsen Klote can have a significant effect on the outcome of your case. The following are examples of the advantages of hiring one of our experienced attorneys:
- No fees unless we win
- Experienced trial lawyers
- Focus on personal injury cases
- Available 24/7
- Real results for our clients
- “Just wow. I never expected the outcome of my case to EXCEED my expectations. This firm knows what they are doing when it comes to personal injury matters. They are easy to get ahold of and are very helpful. Safe to say, I found my firm for life.” - Kala Carpenter
- “Highly recommend! They had exceptional customer satisfaction and did everything possible to help the customer!!” - Tyler Cowan
- “Had a wonderful and very positive experience dealing with everyone at the office. I had no idea what I was walking into and they helped me every step of the way! I would definitely recommend checking with them for your legal worries and you will feel awesome dealing with such a good team!” - Hunter Dale
Halvorsen Klote does not charge any upfront fees for legal representation in Sullivan, MO. We work on a contingency basis, which means that you only pay us a percentage of the settlement or verdict in the event of a successful outcome. If we do not win, you don’t pay anything.
We have a staff of talented and experienced trial lawyers who are not reluctant to take your case to court when necessary. We have secured substantial settlement amounts for our Sullivan, MO clients and have taken on countless cases involving car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, dog bites, slip and fall injuries, nursing home negligence, wrongful death, and more in and around Sullivan, MO.
We focus exclusively on personal injury cases. We are well-versed in handling the complex legal aspects that arise in Sullivan, MO car accident cases. We know how to negotiate with insurance companies, establish liability and damages, and obtain fair and just compensation for our clients.
Our legal team is available 24/7 to answer your questions and address your concerns. We pride ourselves on our communication and responsiveness. We will keep you informed and updated during the entire process and make sure you are comfortable with every decision we make.
Halvorsen Klote has a demonstrated track record of achieving tangible results for our Sullivan, MO clients. Our firm has received rave reviews and positive accolades from our satisfied customers who have experienced our professionalism, empathy, dedication, and effectiveness. The following are a few examples of what our clients have expressed about us:
If you have been in an auto accident near Sullivan, MO, you need an auto accident attorney from Halvorsen Klote fighting in your corner. Reach out to us today for a no-cost consultation. We will listen to your story, evaluate your case, and advise you on the best course of action. We’ll fight vigorously for your rights and future and help you get the compensation you deserve. You can call us at 866-382-4167 or fill out our contact form online.
Don’t delay. Contact Halvorsen Klote right now and let us assist you with your auto accident case.