Injury Claim Lawyer Springfield, MO
Springfield, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Springfield, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Springfield, MO. No one anticipates being injured, but when they are it creates unforeseen and devastating economic, physical and emotional afflictions. It's normal to be angry when your injuries result from someone else's negligence. Missouri and Illinois law offers an avenue for injured victims to get compensation for their damages in the form of personal injury claims. In most cases, it can be difficult for Springfield, MO residents to get fair compensation without the help of an injury claim lawyer. At Halvorsen Klote, we have pledged our lives to getting clients in Missouri and Southern Illinois great compensation, and providing them with the same high standard of legal representation as large insurance companies. If you were injured because someone else was negligent, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
Leading Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Springfield, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims refer to the process one goes through to seek restitution for injuries caused by someone else's inattentive, reckless, or deliberate actions. While each accident and each injury claim is unique, most cases fall into one of several common categories. Some of the most common claims our injury claim lawyer team helps the injured with in Springfield, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
No matter the cause of your injuries, trust your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Springfield, MO to get you the best possible financial recovery. To take the first step in recovering restitution for your injuries, reach out to us right away so we can get started on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Springfield, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Not all injuries and accidents are cause for an injury or accident claim; you must demonstrate that another party is to blame for your damages. In order for your claim to be successful, your injury claim lawyer must prove the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Confirming a duty of care is predominant your claim. You must show that the defendant had an obligation to your safety. This is a given in auto accident claims, as both Missouri and Illinois have put forth that motorists owe other drivers, passengers, bicyclists and pedestrians a duty of care. Other relationships, such as between a doctor and patient or a property owner and visitor, have defined duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: The second step, you need to demonstrate that the person who owed you a duty of care behaved in a way that was unreasonable or committed an act that was against the law.
- Cause in Fact: The third step is showing that were it not for the defendant's actions or inaction, you would not have been injured. So, if a driver had not run a red light, or if a restaurant manager had put a "wet floor" sign up, you would not have been injured.
- Proximate Cause: This relates to whether or not the defendant can be held accountable for the cause in fact. A physician may not be held to blame if they followed standard procedures, even if they missed a diagnosis.
- Damages: The last thing you need to demonstrate is that you sustained damages. In a personal injury case, that means you have to provide documentation of your injuries. If you're in a slip and fall and only sustain a minor bruise that goes away after a couple days, you probably do not have a claim because you did not sustain any actual damages.
Every Springfield, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to prove negligence and get you the great results you are entitled to. If don't know whether or not another party bears responsibility for your damages, get in touch with an injury claim lawyer as soon as possible. Our consultation is free, so there's no reason not to call us to discuss your claim.
Frequently Asked Questions | Springfield, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
The majority of our Springfield, MO clients have never had to make an injury claim before and are uncertain about the process and how it works. The following are some of the most frequently asked questions our injury claim lawyer team receives in Springfield, MO:
How Much Compensation Should I Expect to Recover?
That depends on the particulars of your accident, the gravity of your injuries and the skill of your Springfield, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you recover a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, such as damage to your vehicle
- Wage loss from time spent recovering
- Diminished earning potential if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your job
- Medical costs, such as:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' appointments
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or car
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Springfield, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and secure you the great financial recovery you are owed.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims?
Both states offer rare exceptions for age or disability, but it is crucial to reach out to an injury claim lawyer in Springfield, MO as soon as you can after an injury so that the time limit does not run out.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
The phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt" is ubiquitous in American culture. That's the burden of proof that juries and judges must observe in criminal court to protect innocent people from jail. Personal injury claims are civil cases, and the the applicable burden of proof is a preponderance of the evidence. That means that a jury or insurance adjuster must find only that the claim is more likely than not to be true.
So, if a drunk driver gets out of their criminal case because of mistakes in police work, you can still hold them accountable in a civil court.
If your injury claim lawyer is helping you seek punitive damages, you must provide clear and convincing evidence, which means that the fact finder are left with a clear conviction that the claim is probably true.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that will change based on the specifics of your injury. The Bureau of Justice Statistics found that almost all tort claims are settled before they go to trial. If the parties settle, a claim can be resolved within a few months, while a case that makes it to court in Springfield, MO can take up to two years. If your injuries do not result in permanent disability, your injury claim lawyer may suggest waiting until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you know the full extent of your medical costs.
How do Personal Injury Claims Work?
Generally, following an injury caused by somebody else's careless behavior in Springfield, MO, you can expect the process to unfold as follows:
- You receive medical care (and continue care as long as necessary).
- You speak to an injury claim lawyer.
- The lawyer investigates your case and obtains evidence, including police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer makes a formal settlement demand letter.
- If the the insurance company refuses to pay the settlement demand, your injury claim lawyer will decide if the best course of action is to try to negotiate or file a lawsuit.
- The discovery phase begins, wherein your attorney gathers more evidence and collects expert opinions.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the insurance company negotiate before an impartial party in mediation.
- We take your case to trial if we do not get you a fair settlement offer in negotiations.
Can I Still Receive Compensation if I Was Partially to Blame?
Yes. Missouri is what is called a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your financial recovery will be reduced by the percent of responsibility you share. Meaning, if a jury decides your damages come to $100,000 but establishes you were 30 percent to blame, you will only recover $70,000. Illinois is similar, but is a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you will not receive a financial recovery if you are more than half liable.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire an Injury Claim Lawyer? | Springfield, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
It's possible you are nervous about whether or not you can afford legal representation in Springfield, MO because the medical bills and lost wages are piling up and you're not sure you can pay for an attorney. A benefit of enlisting the services of an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, as opposed to other attorneys in Springfield, MO, we charge a contingency fee. There are three principal advantages to that:
- We do not charge anything in advance of services. Because we don't get an hourly rate, we are paid with portion of the financial recovery you receive — only after you get paid.
- You owe us nothing if we do not win your case. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only earns a living by implementing their talent and dedication to reach a successful resolution in your case.
- We won't take on your case unless we truly believe we will be able to significantly increase your final recovery . We accept the risk of employing our resources on your behalf, and we'll always be direct with you and will never mislead you.
No matter what your current economic circumstances is, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Springfield, MO will be by your side and fight on your behalf to get you the great results you deserve.
Check out the links below to find out what other services we offer in Springfield, MO:
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
Call HK Law Today
Springfield, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You don't have to go through the complicated legal process alone. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Springfield, MO, we start building your claim immediately and stay in communication with you throughout the entire process. We give you all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your Springfield, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Springfield, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.