Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Springfield, MO
Springfield, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Springfield, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Springfield, MO. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, too many other drivers on the Springfield, MO roads either don't pay enough attention to motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries experienced in motorcycle accidents can be severe and life-changing. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, trust in the Springfield, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to get you full compensation for your injuries. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized environment will help you feel at ease and confident that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict at trial. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Springfield, MO today at 866-382-4167 or get in touch with us online for a free case review. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Springfield, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no upfront costs, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury cases in Springfield, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Springfield, Missouri and Illinois?
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following statistics are for the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
Other Springfield, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a deeper study into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Despite the fact that .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to statistics compiled by the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are estimated to be 37 percent successful in stopping motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries outpaced death by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illuminating why motorcycles are more dangerous to drive than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, on weekends when people are more likely to be intoxicated and after sunset.
While some drivers give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the vast majority of bikers are vigilant about theirs and others' safety. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't pay attention or don't want to share the road. If another driver in the Springfield, MO area injured you, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
What Are Common Causes of Springfield, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving contributed to over a third of of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than one with 2 wheels, they are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as ruts in the road, inclement weather, potholes, and poorly placed signs. Even if you were not hit by another person, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company responsible for maintaining the road.
Almost half of of motorcycle accidents that cause death occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains scan for cars but has not been sufficiently trained to scan for motorcycles.
A third of motorcycle fatalities had speeding as a contributing factor. While some bikers are known to speed, they can also be caused by passenger car drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles have a smaller breaking distance than cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists roll off the throttle to break, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. Still, just as in a crash between two cars or a car and a truck, the driver behind the other vehicle is almost always at complete fault for the accident.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Springfield, MO Do For My Case?
Most of our clients have never been in a situation like this before, and are unsure what the procedure is for receiving compensation and the value of the claim. A Halvorsen Klote Springfield, MO motorcycle accidents attorney represent with the highest-quality legal advocacy by:
- Fully investigating your claimso that we can acquire valuable evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all liable parties. We use our experience and network of Springfield, MO crash experts to ascertain how much your injuries are worth and who needs to be held accountable.
- Providing you with sound legal counsel as we go back and forth with the insurance company, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Springfield, MO.
- Letting you know what's going on in your case so that you know we are giving it our full attention. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Leveling the playing field against wealthy insurance companies so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Managing the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can focus on what matters most: recovering from your injuries and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Make sure that you receive maximum compensation for all of your damages, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, lost wages, other expenses related to your injury and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're following all the rules and end up injured because somebody else did something wrong, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The Springfield, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you get the recovery you deserve.
Other cases we handle in Springfield, MO include:
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
Springfield, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Springfield, MO did not do the right thing. To speak to a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.