Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Jefferson City, MO
Jefferson City, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Jefferson City, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Jefferson City, MO. There's no comparing the feeling of freedom and excitement motorcyclists can get from riding their motorcycles. However, motorcycle accidents are especially dangerous in Jefferson City, MO. Injuries suffered in motorcycle crashes can be catastrophic and have long-term effects. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, trust in the Jefferson City, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized environment will help you feel at ease and confident that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Jefferson City, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation. We serve clients throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Jefferson City, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury cases in Jefferson City, MO:
Jefferson City, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following represents the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
Other Jefferson City, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a deeper dive into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Even though .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycles account for 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of total injuries, according to research from the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are considered to be 37 percent successful in stopping fatal injuries to motorcycle operators.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, on weekends when people are more likely to be intoxicated and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some motorists have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the lion's share of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't look out for bikers or don't want to share the road. If you were hurt because another Jefferson City, MO driver did not look out for your safety, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
What Are Common Causes of Jefferson City, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
Driving Under the Influence
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over a third of of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, road hazards such as ruts in the road, inclement weather, potholes, and signs that limit visibility pose an increased risk. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the liable party may be a government entity or construction company.
Over 40 percent of motorcycle accidents that result in death occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is due to something called "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains are scanning for cars, but don't register motorcycles at cars.
Over 30 percent of motorcycle fatalities involve speeding. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, it often is the fault of passenger car drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as passenger cars, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like rolling off the throttle, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Jefferson City, MO?
Most of our clients have never been in a situation like this before, and are unsure how to go about filing a claim and how much their injuries are worth. A Halvorsen Klote Jefferson City, MO motorcycle accidents attorney be your legal advocate by:
- Fully investigating your claimso that we can gather the necessary evidence and identify all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our expertise and network of Jefferson City, MO crash experts to determine the precise cause of your injuries.
- Providing you with sound legal counsel as we go back and forth with the insurance company, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your Jefferson City, MO family.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you are not left wondering. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make get every penny you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters will sometimes flat out lie to you and mislead to you make you think your claim is worth less than it really is. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Handling all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can spend your energy on what matters most: recovering from your injuries and putting your life back together.
- Ensure that you receive the best possible financial recovery for everything you are owed, including medical expenses, lost wages, anything you paid out-of-pocket and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're following all the rules and end up injured because somebody else did something wrong, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The Jefferson City, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are taken care of.
Other cases we handle in Jefferson City, MO include:
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Jefferson City, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. We've devoted our practice to making a difference in the lives of Jefferson City, MO individuals and families who have been treated wrongly. For a complimentary consultation with a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.