Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Cottleville, MO
Cottleville, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Cottleville, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Cottleville, MO. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of camaraderie and exhilaration. However, Cottleville, MO motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of anxiety. If you were injured by a negligent driver, trust in the Cottleville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized atmosphere will help you feel at ease and confident that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict from a jury. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Cottleville, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a complimentary case review. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Cottleville, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury claims in Cottleville, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Cottleville, Missouri and Illinois?
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following statistics are for the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)
More Cottleville, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a deeper look into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Even though motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are estimated to be 41 percent successful at preventing fatal injuries for motorcycle passengers.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illuminating why motorcycles are more dangerous to drive or ride than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, on weekends when people are more likely to be intoxicated and after 6 P.M. when visibility is lower.
While some drivers have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the bulk of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't pay attention or don't want to share the road. If another driver in the Cottleville, MO area injured you, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Cottleville, MO?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was a factor in over three-tenths of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than one with 2 wheels, road hazards such as ruts in the road, slick surfaces, potholes, and poorly placed signs pose a heightened risk. Even if you were not hit by another person, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was supposed to verify the road was safe for vehicle traffic.
Almost 50 percent of motorcycle accidents that result in death occur at intersections when a car or truck turning left hits a motorcyclist who had the right of way. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is due to something called "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains scan for cars but has not been sufficiently trained to scan for motorcycles.
Over 30 percent of motorcycle fatalities had speeding as a contributing factor. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, they can also be caused by enclosed-vehicle motorists who force a biker to embark on emergency falls.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, preventing the break lights from coming on. Still, just as in a crash between two cars or a car and a truck, the trailing has a responsibility to slow down in time.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Cottleville, MO?
Most are looking to hire a personal injury before have never had an injury before, and are unsure what the procedure is for receiving compensation and how much their injuries are worth. A Halvorsen Klote Cottleville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney represent with the highest-quality legal advocacy by:
- Fully investigating your claimso that we can acquire valuable evidence and identify all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our expertise and network of Cottleville, MO accident experts to determine who we need to make a claim against and for how much.
- Offering sound legal advice throughout the duration of your claim, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for you, your future, and your Cottleville, MO loved ones.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the progress of your claim so that you are never left in the dark. We take pride in our client-centered approach to legal representation.
- Leveling the playing field against powerful insurance companies so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters know that the average person doesn't know injury law. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones quality legal representation that gets results.
- Managing all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can focus on what's important: recovering from your injuries and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Ensure that you get a full financial recovery for all of your damages, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, money you lost from not working, other expenses related to your injury and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The Cottleville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are taken care of.
Other cases we handle in Cottleville, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Cottleville, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Cottleville, MO did not do the right thing. To speak to an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.