Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Cottleville, MO
Cottleville, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Cottleville, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Cottleville, MO. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of friendship and exhilaration. However, Cottleville, MO motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries sustained in motorcycle crashes can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of anxiety. If you were injured by a negligent driver, trust in the Cottleville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to get you full compensation for your injuries. Our dedication and client-centered approach will give you piece of mind and confidence that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Cottleville, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a complimentary case review. We serve clients throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Cottleville, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we win your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury cases in Cottleville, MO:
Cottleville, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Across the country, in 2020 motorcycle crashes resulted in 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, based on research compiled in the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the Greater St. Louis area, there were 321 crashes, which resulted in 240 injuries and 9 deaths.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle crashes, which resulted in 2,404 injuries, 867 severely debilitating injuries and 152 deaths.
More Cottleville, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are startling, but|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks is stark:
- Even though .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycles account for 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to research from the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent successful at stopping fatal injuries for motorcycle passengers.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when people are more likely to be intoxicated and after sunset.
While some drivers don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the lion's share of bikers value their safety. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't look out for bikers or don't want to share the road. If you were hurt because another Cottleville, MO driver was negligent, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Cottleville, MO?
Driving Under the Influence
Drunk driving contributes to more traffic-related accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was a factor in 34 percent of motorcycle fatalities.
Because motorcycles have less of a base than other vehicles, motorcycle are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as ruts in the road, inclement weather, potholes, and gravel. Even if you were not hit by another person, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company responsible for maintaining the road.
Almost 50 percent of motorcycle accidents that lead to death occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
Over 30 percent of motorcycle crash deaths had speeding as a contributing factor. While some bikers are known to speed, they can also be caused by passenger car drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as other vehicles, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, preventing the break lights from coming on. Still, just as in a crash between two cars or a car and a truck, the trailing has a responsibility to slow down in time.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Cottleville, MO?
Most who come to see us have never had an injury before, and are unsure the process of filing a claim and how much full compensation really looks like. A Halvorsen Klote Cottleville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will help your case by:
- Fully investigating your claimin order to obtain the necessary evidence and identify all liable parties. We use our experience and network of Cottleville, MO accident experts to ascertain the value of your injuries and who needs to be held responsible.
- Offering sound legal advice as your case progresses, so you can make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Cottleville, MO.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you know we are giving it our full attention. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Leveling the playing field against large insurance companies so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We founded our practice on the idea accident victims and their families should have quality legal representation that gets results.
- Handling all of the legal aspects of your case so you can focus on what matters most: recovering from your injuries and putting your life back together.
- Ensure that you receive maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including medical expenses, lost wages, anything you paid out-of-pocket and pain and suffering.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The Cottleville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
Cottleville, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've devoted our practice to helping those Cottleville, MO residents who have been treated wrongly. To speak to an expert motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.