Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Troy, IL
Troy, IL Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Troy, IL Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Troy, IL. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of brotherhood and excitement. However, Troy, IL motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of anxiety. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, Halvorsen Klote's Troy, IL motorcycle accidents attorney team will hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized atmosphere will give you piece of mind and confidence that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Troy, IL today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Troy, IL works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no upfront costs, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury claims in Troy, IL:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Troy, Missouri and Illinois?
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following statistics are for the total crashes, injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More Troy, IL Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are startling, but|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks shows how dangerous motorcyclists can be when other people don't pay attention on the road:
- Even though motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of all injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are estimated to be 37 percent effective in stopping motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries outpaced death by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illuminating why motorcycles are more dangerous to drive or ride than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, on weekends when people are more likely to be drinking and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some people don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the vast majority of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that gets people hurt. If you were hurt because another Troy, IL driver did not look out for your safety, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Troy, IL?
Drunk driving contributes to more traffic-related accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills roughly one person every 45 minutes. Drunk driving contributed to over three-tenths of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than a motorcycle, road hazards such as ruts in the road, slippery surfaces, potholes, and gravel create a heightened risk. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the responsible party may be a government entity or construction company.
Forty-two percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is due to something called "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains cannot notice a smaller vehicle like a motorcycle because of how much sensory information we receive as we drive.
Thirty-three percent of motorcycle fatalities involve speeding. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, another culprit is enclosed-vehicle motorists driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as passenger cars, and many motorcyclists downshift to come to a stop, preventing the break lights from coming on. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to slow down in time.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Troy, IL Help Me?
Most who come to see us have never had to hire a lawyer before, and are unsure what the procedure is for receiving compensation and how much their injuries are worth. A Halvorsen Klote Troy, IL motorcycle accidents attorney will help your case by:
- Performing a full investigation into your casein order to obtain valuable evidence and identify all liable parties. We use our legal knowledge and network of Troy, IL accident experts to ascertain who we need to make a claim against and for how much.
- Providing you with sound legal counsel throughout the duration of your claim, so you can make the best decision for you and your Troy, IL family.
- Letting you know what's going on in your case so that you are not left wondering. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Overseeing the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can spend your time on what matters most: recovering from your injuries and putting your life back together.
- Make sure that you get a full financial recovery for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, money you lost from not working, other expenses related to your injury and less tangible damages like pain and suffering.
When you're injured in a motorcycle accident because of somebody else's negligence, it immediately disrupts your life. The Troy, IL motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
Other cases we handle in Troy, IL include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Troy, IL Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Troy, IL did not do the right thing. For a complimentary consultation with an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.