Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Des Peres, MO
Des Peres, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Des Peres, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Des Peres, MO. Riding a motorcycle can give you a great mixture of peace and excitement. However, motorcycle accidents are especially dangerous in Des Peres, MO. Injuries experienced in motorcycle crashes can cause immediate and devastating financial, physical and emotional hardships. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, trust in the Des Peres, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to help you get your life back on track. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized atmosphere will give you piece of mind and confidence that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Des Peres, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation. We serve clients throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Des Peres, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no upfront costs, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we win your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury cases in Des Peres, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Des Peres, Missouri and Illinois?
In the United States, in 2020 motorcycle accidents lead to 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, there were 2,177 motorcycle accidents, resulting in 1,658 injuries and 118 fatalities, based on info from the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the Greater St. Louis area, there were 321 crashes, which caused 240 injuries and 9 deaths.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle crashes, which resulted in 2,404 injuries, 867 debilitating injuries and 152 fatalities.
More Des Peres, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are startling, but|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks is stark:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles make up only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are estimated to be 37 percent successful in stopping motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, meaning motorcycles are more dangerous to drive or ride than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when people are more likely to be drinking and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some people give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the bulk of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't look out for bikers or don't want to share the road. If another driver in the Des Peres, MO area injured you, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best possible financial recovery.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Des Peres, MO?
Driving Under the Influence
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving contributed to over three-tenths of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because motorcycles have less of a base than other vehicles, they are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as uneven pavement, inclement weather, potholes, and poorly placed signs. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the responsible party may be a government entity or construction company.
Almost 50 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur at intersections when a car or truck turning left hits a motorcyclist going straight. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
Thirty-three percent of motorcycle crash deaths involve speeding. While some bikers are known to speed, it often is the fault of enclosed-vehicle motorists driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists downshift to break, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to slow down in time.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Des Peres, MO?
Most are looking to hire a personal injury before have never been in a situation like this before, and don't know the process of receiving compensation and how much their injuries are worth. A Halvorsen Klote Des Peres, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will immediately start working on your case by:
- Fully investigating your claimin order to acquire the necessary evidence and identify all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our expertise and network of Des Peres, MO accident experts to ascertain who needs to be held accountable.
- Providing you with sound legal counsel as your case progresses, so you can make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Des Peres, MO.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you are never left in the dark. We take pride in our ability to let our clients know that their case means something to us.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of people who do not know the law. We founded our practice on the principle accident victims and their families should have access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Overseeing all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your time on what matters most: reaching your best possible medical recovery and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Ensure that you receive maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, chiropractic appointments, prescription and more, money you lost from not working, out-of-pocket expenses and noneconomic damages.
When you're injured in a motorcycle accident because of somebody else's negligence, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Des Peres, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
Other cases we handle in Des Peres, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Des Peres, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Des Peres, MO did not do the right thing. To speak to an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.