Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Des Peres, MO
Des Peres, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Des Peres, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Des Peres, MO. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of camaraderie and excitement. However, too many other drivers on the Des Peres, MO roads either don't pay enough attention to motorcyclists or are actively hostile against them. Injuries experienced in motorcycle wrecks can be catastrophic and have long-term effects. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, trust in the Des Peres, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to get you the best possible financial recovery for your injuries. Our dedication and client-centered approach will help you feel at ease and confident that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Des Peres, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a complimentary case evaluation. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Des Peres, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no upfront costs, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury claims in Des Peres, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Des Peres, Missouri and Illinois?
In the United States, in 2020 motorcycle wrecks resulted in 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, according to the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the Greater St. Louis area, there were 321 crashes, which resulted in 240 injuries and 9 deaths.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle crashes, which resulted in 2,404 injuries, 867 "A-list" injuries and 152 deaths.
Other Des Peres, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a deeper dive into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of total injuries, according to the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are considered to be 37 percent effective in stopping fatal injuries to motorcycle operators.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while .068 percent of motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when people are more likely to be intoxicated and after 6 P.M. when visibility is lower.
While some people give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the lion's share of bikers value their safety. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't pay attention or don't want to share the road. If you were hurt because another Des Peres, MO driver was negligent, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you recover the money you are entitled to.
What Are Common Causes of Des Peres, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
DUIs or DWIs
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills about one person every 45 minutes. Drunk driving contributed to over a third of of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because motorcycles have less of a base than other vehicles, motorcycle are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as uneven pavement, slick surfaces, potholes, and animals. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was supposed to verify the road was safe for vehicle traffic.
Almost 50 percent of motorcycle accidents that result in death occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains scan for cars but has not been sufficiently trained to scan for motorcycles.
A third of fatal motorcycle accidents involve speeding. While some bikers are known to speed, they can also be caused by enclosed-vehicle motorists who force a biker to react quicker than they can safely do so.
Motorcycles have a smaller breaking distance than other vehicles, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like rolling off the throttle, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. Still, just as in a crash between two cars or a car and a truck, the driver behind the other has a responsibility to slow down in time.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Des Peres, MO?
Most seek out our services have never been in a situation like this before, and don't know the process of filing a claim and whether the insurance company is being fair. A Halvorsen Klote Des Peres, MO motorcycle accidents attorney represent with the highest-quality legal advocacy by:
- Carrying out a complete investigation into your caseso that we can obtain important evidence and identify all liable parties. We use our expertise and network of Des Peres, MO accident experts to determine who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal guidance as your case progresses, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your Des Peres, MO family.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you are not left wondering. We take pride in our client-centered approach to legal representation.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make get every penny you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters know that the average person doesn't know injury law. We founded our practice on the principle accident victims and their families should have quality legal representation that gets results.
- Handling the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can focus on what matters most: recovering from your injuries and putting your life back together.
- Make sure that you receive maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, chiropractic appointments, prescription and more, lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The Des Peres, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you do not have to go through this alone.
Des Peres, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. We've dedicated our practice to helping those Des Peres, MO individuals and families who have been treated wrongly. To speak to an expert motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.