Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Bourbon, MO
Bourbon, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Bourbon, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Bourbon, MO. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, motorcycle accidents are especially dangerous in Bourbon, MO. Injuries sustained in motorcycle wrecks can be severe and life-changing. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, trust in the Bourbon, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized atmosphere will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict in court. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Bourbon, MO today at 866-382-4167 or get in touch with us online for a complimentary case review. We serve clients throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Bourbon, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no upfront costs, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury claims in Bourbon, MO:
Bourbon, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Nationwide, in 2020 motorcycle crashes caused 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, there were 2,177 motorcycle accidents, resulting in 1,658 injuries and 118 fatalities, based on research compiled in the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the St. Louis metropolitan area, there were 321 crashes, which lead to 240 injuries and 9 deaths.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle crashes, which lead to 2,404 injuries, 867 "A-list" injuries and 152 deaths.
Other Bourbon, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks shows how dangerous motorcyclists can be when other people don't pay attention on the road:
- Despite the fact that .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycles account for 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to statistics compiled by the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are estimated to be 37 percent successful in stopping fatal injuries to motorcycle operators.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries outpaced death by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, meaning motorcycles are more dangerous to drive or ride than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after dark.
While some people have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the vast majority of bikers value their safety. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't look out for bikers or don't want to share the road. If you were hurt because another Bourbon, MO driver was negligent, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you recover the money you are entitled to.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Bourbon, MO?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was a factor in 34 percent of motorcycle fatalities.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, motorcycle are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as ruts in the road, slick surfaces, potholes, and signs that limit visibility. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was supposed to verify the road was safe for vehicle traffic.
Forty-two percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains scan for cars but has not been sufficiently trained to scan for motorcycles.
Over 30 percent of motorcycle fatalities had speeding as a contributing factor. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, another culprit is car or truck drivers who force a biker to take evasive action.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than other vehicles, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like rolling off the throttle, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to slow down in time.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Bourbon, MO Help Me?
Most are looking to hire a personal injury before have never been in a situation like this before, and are unsure the process of receiving compensation and what a full financial recovery for their injuries is. A Halvorsen Klote Bourbon, MO motorcycle accidents attorney represent with the highest-quality legal advocacy by:
- Fully investigating your claimso that we can gather valuable evidence and determine liability. You will have the advantage of our legal knowledge and network of Bourbon, MO collision experts to ascertain who we need to make a claim against and for how much.
- Offering sound legal advice throughout the duration of your claim, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for you, your future, and your Bourbon, MO loved ones.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you know we are giving it our full attention. We take pride in our ability to let our clients know that their case means something to us.
- Leveling the playing field against large insurance companies so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of people who do not know the law. We founded our practice on the idea accident victims and their families should have expert legal representation that gets results.
- Overseeing all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can spend your time on what's important: recovering from your injuries and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Make sure that you receive a full financial recovery for all of your damages, including your urgent care bills, procedures, chiropractic appointments, prescription and more, money you lost from not working, anything you paid out-of-pocket and pain and suffering.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it immediately disrupts your life. The Bourbon, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
Other cases we take on in Bourbon, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Bourbon, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've dedicated our practice to helping those Bourbon, MO residents who have been treated wrongly. To speak to an expert motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.