Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Osage Beach, MO
Osage Beach, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Osage Beach, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Osage Beach, MO. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, motorcycle accidents are especially dangerous in Osage Beach, MO. Injuries experienced in motorcycle wrecks can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of uncertainty. If you were injured by a negligent driver, Halvorsen Klote's Osage Beach, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized atmosphere will help you feel at ease and confident that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Osage Beach, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Osage Beach, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no upfront costs, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury cases in Osage Beach, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Osage Beach, Missouri and Illinois?
In the United States, in 2020 motorcycle crashes caused 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, according to the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In St. Louis City and St. Louis County alone, there were 321 crashes, which lead to 240 people becoming injured and 9 people passing away.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle crashes, which lead to 2,404 injuries, 867 "A-list" injuries and 152 deaths.
Other Osage Beach, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are alarming, but|a deeper look into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Even though .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of total injuries, according to research from the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 37 percent effective in stopping motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illustrating how motorcycles are more dangerous to drive or ride than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some drivers have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the vast majority of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that causes someone else injuries. If another driver in the Osage Beach, MO area injured you, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best possible financial recovery.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Osage Beach, MO?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over three-tenths of motorcycle fatalities.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than one with 2 wheels, they are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as ruts in the road, slippery surfaces, potholes, and debris. Even if you were not hit by another person, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company responsible for maintaining the road.
Forty-two percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur at intersections when a passenger car turning left hits a motorcyclist who had the right of way. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're looking. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains cannot process a smaller vehicle like a motorcycle because of how much sensory information we receive as we drive.
A third of fatal motorcycle accidents involve speeding. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, they can also be caused by enclosed-vehicle motorists driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than other vehicles, and many motorcyclists roll off the throttle to break, preventing the break lights from coming on. Still, just as in a crash between two cars, the driver behind the other has a responsibility to slow down in time.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Osage Beach, MO?
Most are looking to hire a personal injury before have never been in a situation like this before, and don't know what the procedure is for filing a claim and what a full financial recovery for their injuries is. A Halvorsen Klote Osage Beach, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will help your case by:
- Carrying out an extensive investigation into your claimso that we can gather the necessary evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all at-fault parties. We use our experience and network of Osage Beach, MO accident experts to determine who we need to make a claim against and for how much.
- Providing you with sound legal advice as we go back and forth with the insurance company, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for you and your Osage Beach, MO family.
- Letting you know what's going on in your case so that you know we are giving it our full attention. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Leveling the playing field against powerful insurance companies so you make get every penny you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We founded our practice on the principle accident victims and their families should have access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Managing the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can spend your energy on what's important: healing and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Ensure that you receive maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, lost wages, other expenses related to your injury and noneconomic damages.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it immediately disrupts your life. The Osage Beach, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
Other cases we handle in Osage Beach, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Osage Beach, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Osage Beach, MO did not do the right thing. For a complimentary case evaluation with a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.