Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Harrisburg, MO
Harrisburg, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Harrisburg, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Harrisburg, MO. Riding a motorcycle can give you a great mixture of peace and excitement. However, too many other drivers on the Harrisburg, MO roads either don't pay enough attention to motorcyclists or are actively hostile against them. Injuries suffered in motorcycle wrecks can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of anxiety. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, trust in the Harrisburg, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to help you get your life back on track. Our dedication and client-centered approach will help you feel at ease and confident that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Harrisburg, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a free consultation. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Harrisburg, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury claims in Harrisburg, MO:
Harrisburg, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Across the country, in 2020 motorcycle crashes caused 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, there were 2,177 motorcycle accidents, resulting in 1,658 injuries and 118 fatalities, based on info from the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the St. Louis metropolitan area, there were 321 crashes, which lead to 240 injuries and 9 deaths.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle accidents, which lead to 2,404 injuries, 867 severely debilitating injuries and 152 deaths.
Other Harrisburg, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a deeper look into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Even though motorcycles make up only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to research from the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 37 percent successful in stopping motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illuminating why motorcycles are more dangerous to drive or ride than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some motorists have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the lion's share of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or their wariness to share the road that causes someone else injuries. If you were hurt because another Harrisburg, MO driver was negligent, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
What Are Common Causes of Harrisburg, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
Driving Under the Influence
Drunk driving accidents are the most common cause of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills about one person every three quarters of an hour. Drunk driving was a factor in 34 percent of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than one with 2 wheels, road hazards such as ruts in the road, slick surfaces, potholes, and gravel create an increased risk. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was in charge of ensuring the road's safety.
Over 40 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur at intersections when a car or truck turning left hits a motorcyclist who had the right of way. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is due to something called "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains cannot process a smaller vehicle like a motorcycle because of how much sensory information we receive as we drive.
Over 30 percent of motorcycle crash deaths were caused at least in part by speeding. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, another culprit is passenger car drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as other vehicles, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, preventing the break lights from coming on. Still, just as in a crash between two cars or a car and a truck, the driver behind the other vehicle is almost always at complete fault for the accident.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Harrisburg, MO?
Most call us have never had an injury before, and don't know how to go about receiving compensation and how much their injuries are worth. A Halvorsen Klote Harrisburg, MO motorcycle accidents attorney represent with the highest-quality legal advocacy by:
- Carrying out an extensive investigation into your casein order to acquire the necessary evidence and determine liability. You will have the advantage of our legal knowledge and network of Harrisburg, MO crash experts to determine the value of your injuries and who needs to be held responsible.
- Providing you with sound legal guidance as your case progresses, so you can make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Harrisburg, MO.
- Letting you know how your case is progression so that you know we are giving it our full attention. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of people who do not know the law. We founded our practice on the principle accident victims and their families should have quality legal representation that gets results.
- Overseeing all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can spend your energy on what's important: healing and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Make sure that you get a full financial recovery for all of your damages, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, money you lost from not working, out-of-pocket expenses and pain and suffering.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The Harrisburg, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you do not have to go through this alone.
Harrisburg, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Harrisburg, MO did not do the right thing. For a free consultation with an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.