Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Elsberry, MO
Elsberry, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Elsberry, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Elsberry, MO. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, Elsberry, MO motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries suffered in motorcycle wrecks can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of uncertainty. If you were injured by a negligent driver, trust in the Elsberry, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized environment will help you feel at ease and confident that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Elsberry, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a free case evaluation. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Elsberry, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury cases in Elsberry, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Elsberry, Missouri and Illinois?
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following statistics are for the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
Other Elsberry, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are startling, but|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks shows how dangerous motorcyclists can be when other people don't pay attention on the road:
- Despite the fact that .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycles account for 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of all injuries, according to the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 37 percent effective in stopping motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some drivers have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the vast majority of bikers practice safety measures. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or their wariness to share the road that gets people hurt. If you were hurt because another Elsberry, MO driver was negligent, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you recover the money you are entitled to.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Elsberry, MO?
Drunk driving contributes to more traffic-related accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving contributed to over three-tenths of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because motorcycles have less of a base than other vehicles, road hazards such as ruts in the road, slick surfaces, potholes, and gravel create a heightened risk. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was in charge of ensuring the road's safety.
Forty-two percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
Thirty-three percent of fatal motorcycle accidents were caused at least in part by speeding. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, they can also be caused by enclosed-vehicle motorists who force a biker to take evasive action.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists roll off the throttle to slow down, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to slow down in time.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Elsberry, MO Help Me?
Most of our clients have never had an injury before, and don't know what the procedure is for receiving compensation and the value of the claim. A Halvorsen Klote Elsberry, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will help your case by:
- Fully investigating your accidentso that we can acquire the necessary evidence and determine liability. You will have the advantage of our legal knowledge and network of Elsberry, MO crash experts to ascertain how much your injuries are worth and who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal advice as your case progresses, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for you and your Elsberry, MO family.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the progress of your claim so that you are not left wondering. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Leveling the playing field against powerful insurance companies so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of people who do not know the law. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones quality legal representation that gets results.
- Handling all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can focus on what's important: healing and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Ensure that you get the best possible financial recovery for all of your damages, including medical expenses, money you lost from not working, anything you paid out-of-pocket and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it immediately disrupts your life. The Elsberry, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you do not have to go through this alone.
Elsberry, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've dedicated our practice to helping those Elsberry, MO residents who have been treated unfairly. For a free case evaluation with a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.