Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Elsberry, MO
Elsberry, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Elsberry, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Elsberry, MO. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of fellowship and thrill. However, too many other drivers on the Elsberry, MO roads either don't respect the safety of motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries experienced in motorcycle wrecks can cause immediate and devastating financial, physical and emotional hardships. If you were injured by a negligent driver, trust in the Elsberry, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to get you the best possible financial recovery for your injuries. Our dedication and client-centered approach will help you feel at ease and confident that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Elsberry, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a complimentary case evaluation. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Elsberry, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no upfront costs, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury claims in Elsberry, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Elsberry, Missouri and Illinois?
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following statistics are for the total crashes, injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
Other Elsberry, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks is stark:
- Even though motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of all injuries, according to statistics compiled by the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are estimated to be 41 percent effective at stopping motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, meaning motorcycles are more dangerous to drive than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some motorists give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the vast majority of bikers value their safety. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't pay attention or don't want to share the road. If you were hurt because another Elsberry, MO driver did not look out for your safety, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Elsberry, MO?
Drunk driving accidents are the most common cause of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving contributed to 34 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than one with 2 wheels, they are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as ruts in the road, slick surfaces, potholes, and animals. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the at-fault party may be a government entity or construction company.
Almost half of of fatal motorcycle crashes occur at intersections when a passenger car turning left hits a motorcyclist who had the right of way. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
Thirty-three percent of motorcycle crash deaths had speeding as a contributing factor. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, another culprit is passenger car drivers who force a biker to embark on emergency falls.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as passenger cars, and many motorcyclists roll off the throttle to slow down, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. Still, just as in a crash between two cars, the driver behind the other vehicle is almost always at complete fault for the accident.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Elsberry, MO?
Most call us have never been in a situation like this before, and are unsure how to go about filing a claim and how much their injuries are worth. A Halvorsen Klote Elsberry, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will immediately start working on your case by:
- Carrying out a complete investigation into your claimin order to gather the necessary evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all at-fault parties. You will have the advantage of our expertise and network of Elsberry, MO accident experts to determine who we need to make a claim against and for how much.
- Providing you with sound legal counsel throughout the duration of your claim, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Elsberry, MO.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the status of your claim so that you know we are giving it our full attention. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of people who do not know the law. We founded our practice on the notion accident victims and their families should have quality legal representation that gets results.
- Overseeing the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can spend your time on what matters most: reaching your best possible medical recovery and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Fight hard for you so that you receive the best possible financial recovery for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, chiropractic appointments, prescription and more, money you lost from not working, anything you paid out-of-pocket and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're following all the rules and end up injured because somebody else did something wrong, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Elsberry, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you get the recovery you deserve.
Other cases we take on in Elsberry, MO include:
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Elsberry, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. We've dedicated our practice to helping those Elsberry, MO individuals and families who have been treated unfairly. For a complimentary case review with a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.