Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Hallsville, MO
Hallsville, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Hallsville, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Hallsville, MO. Riding a motorcycle can give you a great mixture of peace and excitement. However, too many other drivers on the Hallsville, MO roads either don't look out for motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries sustained in motorcycle wrecks can cause immediate and devastating financial, physical and emotional hardships. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, Halvorsen Klote's Hallsville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will get you full compensation for your injuries. Our diligence and client-centered approach will help you feel at ease and confident that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Hallsville, MO today at 866-382-4167 or get in touch with us online for a complimentary case review. We serve clients throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Hallsville, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no upfront costs, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury cases in Hallsville, MO:
Hallsville, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Across the country, in 2020 motorcycle wrecks lead to 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, according to the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the St. Louis metropolitan area, there were 321 crashes, which lead to 240 people becoming injured and 9 people passing away.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle accidents, which resulted in 2,404 injuries, 867 severely debilitating injuries and 152 fatalities.
Other Hallsville, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are startling, but|a deeper study into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles make up only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to statistics compiled by the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are estimated to be 37 percent successful in stopping motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries outpaced death by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, meaning motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when people are more likely to be drinking and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some motorists don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the vast majority of bikers practice safety tips. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't pay attention or don't want to share the road. If another driver in the Hallsville, MO area injured you, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best results in your case.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Hallsville, MO?
Driving Under the Influence
Drunk driving accidents are the most common cause of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving contributed to over a third of of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, road hazards such as ruts in the road, slick surfaces, potholes, and debris pose an increased risk. Even if you were not hit by another person, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was supposed to verify the road was safe for vehicle traffic.
Over 40 percent of motorcycle accidents that cause death occur at intersections when a car or truck turning left hits a motorcyclist going straight. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is due to something called "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains scan for cars but has not been sufficiently trained to scan for motorcycles.
Thirty-three percent of motorcycle crash deaths were caused at least in part by speeding. While some bikers are known to speed, another culprit is car or truck drivers who force a biker to take evasive action.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists downshift to slow down, preventing the break lights from coming on. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to slow down in time.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Hallsville, MO?
Most who come to see us have never been in a situation like this before, and don't know how to go about receiving compensation and the value of the claim. A Halvorsen Klote Hallsville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney represent with the highest-quality legal advocacy by:
- Fully investigating your accidentin order to gather valuable evidence and identify all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our experience and network of Hallsville, MO collision experts to determine who needs to be held accountable.
- Providing you with sound legal counsel as we go back and forth with the insurance company, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Hallsville, MO.
- Letting you know what's going on in your case so that you are never left in the dark. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make get every penny you are owed. Insurance adjusters know that the average person doesn't know injury law. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Overseeing the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can spend your time on what's important: reaching your best possible medical recovery and putting your life back together.
- Make sure that you get maximum compensation for all of your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, other expenses related to your injury and less tangible damages like pain and suffering.
When you're following all the rules and end up injured because somebody else did something wrong, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Hallsville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are taken care of.
Hallsville, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've dedicated our practice to helping those Hallsville, MO individuals and families who have been treated wrongly. For a complimentary case evaluation with an expert motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.