Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Shrewsbury, MO
Shrewsbury, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Shrewsbury, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Shrewsbury, MO. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, Shrewsbury, MO motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries suffered in motorcycle accidents can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of anxiety. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, Halvorsen Klote's Shrewsbury, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized environment will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Shrewsbury, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Shrewsbury, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury claims in Shrewsbury, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Shrewsbury, Missouri and Illinois?
Nationwide, in 2020 motorcycle wrecks resulted in 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, according to the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In St. Louis City and St. Louis County alone, there were 321 crashes, which lead to 240 injuries and 9 deaths.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle accidents, which lead to 2,404 injuries, 867 catastrophic injuries and 152 fatalities.
Other Shrewsbury, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a deeper dive into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent effective at preventing fatal injuries for motorcycle passengers.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after sunset.
While some people don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the vast majority of bikers are vigilant about theirs and others' safety. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or their wariness to share the road that gets people hurt. If you were hurt because another Shrewsbury, MO driver was negligent, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best possible financial recovery.
What Are Common Causes of Shrewsbury, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
DUIs or DWIs
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills roughly one person every 45 minutes. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over a third of of motorcycle fatalities.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, they are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as ruts in the road, slick surfaces, potholes, and gravel. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was supposed to verify the road was safe for vehicle traffic.
Almost 50 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur at intersections when a car or truck turning left hits a motorcyclist going straight. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're looking. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are scanning for cars, but don't register motorcycles at cars.
Over 30 percent of motorcycle crash deaths were caused at least in part by speeding. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, it often is the fault of enclosed-vehicle motorists who force a biker to react quicker than they can safely do so.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as passenger cars, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, preventing the break lights from coming on. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to slow down in time.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Shrewsbury, MO Do For My Case?
Most seek out our services have never had an injury before, and don't know how to go about receiving compensation and how much full compensation really looks like. A Halvorsen Klote Shrewsbury, MO motorcycle accidents attorney be your legal advocate by:
- Conducting an exhaustive investigation into your accidentso that we can obtain important evidence and identify all liable parties. We use our legal knowledge and network of Shrewsbury, MO accident experts to ascertain who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal guidance throughout the duration of your claim, so you can make the best decision for you, your future, and your Shrewsbury, MO loved ones.
- Letting you know how your case is progression so that you are not left wondering. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Leveling the playing field against large insurance companies so you make get every penny you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of people who do not know the law. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones expert legal representation that gets results.
- Overseeing all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can focus on what matters most: reaching your best possible medical recovery and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Fight hard for you so that you get maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, money you lost from not working, anything you paid out-of-pocket and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're injured through no fault of your own, it immediately disrupts your life. The Shrewsbury, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you get the recovery you deserve.
Shrewsbury, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Shrewsbury, MO did not do the right thing. To speak to an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.