Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Hazelwood, MO
Hazelwood, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Hazelwood, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Hazelwood, MO. Riding a motorcycle can give you a great mixture of peace and excitement. However, too many other drivers on the Hazelwood, MO roads either don't look out for motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries sustained in motorcycle wrecks can cause immediate and devastating financial, physical and emotional burdens. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, Halvorsen Klote's Hazelwood, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will get you full compensation for your injuries. Our experience and client-centered approach will help you feel at ease and confident that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Hazelwood, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a complimentary case review. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Hazelwood, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no upfront costs, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury cases in Hazelwood, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Hazelwood, Missouri and Illinois?
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following statistics are for the total crashes, injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
Other Hazelwood, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks is stark:
- Even though .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to research from the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are estimated to be 41 percent effective at stopping fatal injuries for motorcycle passengers.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, meaning motorcycles are more dangerous to operate than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, on weekends when people are more likely to be drinking and after 6 P.M. when visibility is lower.
While some people don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the lion's share of bikers value their safety. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't pay attention or don't want to share the road. If you were hurt because another Hazelwood, MO driver was negligent, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Hazelwood, MO?
DUIs or DWIs
Drunk driving contributes to more traffic-related accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills roughly one person every 45 minutes. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over three-tenths of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than one with 2 wheels, road hazards such as uneven pavement, inclement weather, potholes, and animals create a heightened risk. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the at-fault party may be a government entity or construction company.
Almost 50 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur at intersections when a car or truck turning left hits a motorcyclist going straight. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
Thirty-three percent of motorcycle fatalities were caused at least in part by speeding. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, it often is the fault of enclosed-vehicle motorists driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as other vehicles, and many motorcyclists roll off the throttle to slow down, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Hazelwood, MO Help Me?
Most call us have never had an injury before, and are unsure what the procedure is for receiving compensation and the value of the injuries. A Halvorsen Klote Hazelwood, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will help your case by:
- Performing a full investigation into your accidentin order to obtain valuable evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all at-fault parties. You will have the advantage of our expertise and network of Hazelwood, MO accident experts to determine who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal advice throughout the duration of your claim, so you can make the best decision for you, your future, and your Hazelwood, MO loved ones.
- Letting you know how your case is progression so that you are not left wondering. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters will sometimes flat out lie to you and mislead to you make you think your claim is worth less than it really is. We founded our practice on the idea accident victims and their families should have access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Overseeing all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can focus on what's important: healing and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Make sure that you receive a full financial recovery for all of your damages, including medical expenses, money you lost from not working, anything you paid out-of-pocket and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're injured in a motorcycle accident because of somebody else's negligence, it immediately disrupts your life. The Hazelwood, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
Other cases we take on in Hazelwood, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Hazelwood, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Hazelwood, MO did not do the right thing. For a free case review with an expert motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.