Injury Claim Lawyer Hazelwood, MO
Hazelwood, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | Hazelwood, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Hazelwood, MO. No one expects to be injured, but when they are it creates unforeseen and devastating economic, physical and emotional hardships. It's normal to be angry when your injuries are caused by someone else's negligent action or inaction. Missouri and Illinois law allows for a channel for injured victims to secure compensation for their damages in the form of personal injury claims. Usually, you'll need the aid of an injury claim lawyer in Hazelwood, MO to get the most value for your claim. At Halvorsen Klote, we have dedicated our careers to offering the injured and vulnerable in Missouri and Southern Illinois the highest level of legal representation that rivals and eclipses that of large insurance companies. If you were injured because someone else was negligent, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
Common Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Hazelwood, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims refer to are the manner through which you can seek restitution for injuries caused by someone else's negligent, reckless, or calculated behavior. While determining who is liable depends on the unique facts of your injury, most cases fall into one of a number of common categories. Some of the most frequent claims our injury claim lawyer team delivers maximum compensation for our clients in in Hazelwood, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
Regardless of how you sustained your injuries, trust your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Hazelwood, MO to get you the best possible financial recovery. If you've been injured because of another person's negligence, call us as soon as possible so we can start working on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Hazelwood, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You cannot make a claim for any injury or accident; you must show that another party is at fault for your damages. In order for your injury claim lawyer to win your case, they must how the other party's action or inaction amounts to the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Establishing a duty of care is necessary in winning your claim. You must demonstrate that the defendant had an obligation to keep you safe. This is a given in auto accident claims, as both Missouri and Illinois have put forth that drivers owe other drivers, passengers, bicyclists and pedestrians a duty of care. Other relationships, a doctor-patient relationship or that between a property manager and customer, have preestablished duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: Next, you must demonstrate that the person who had an obligation to your safety did not act as a reasonable person would or as the law dictates.
- Cause in Fact: Following that, you must demonstrate that if the other party had acted differently, you would not have been injured. Meaning, if a driver had not run a red light, or if a restaurant manager had put a "wet floor" sign up, you would not have incurred the damages for which you are making a claim.
- Proximate Cause: This relates to whether the cause in fact was really the the other party's fault. A physician may not be held liable if they followed standard procedures, even if they missed a diagnosis.
- Damages: The last thing you need to prove is that you sustained damages. In a personal injury suit, that means you have to provide documentation of your injuries. If you were sideswiped and the only consequence was minor cosmetic damage to your car, you probably do not have a claim because you did not receive any actual injury.
Every Hazelwood, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to take on, prove, and win every type of personal injury claim. If you're unsure if another party bears responsibility for your damages, contact an injury claim lawyer as soon as you can. Our case reviews are free, so they're no-risk, no-obligation.
Frequently Asked Questions | Hazelwood, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
When we take on a new case in Hazelwood, MO, it's typically somebody who has never experienced an injury claim and is understandably unsure about what the whole process entails. Below are some of the most frequently asked questions our injury claim lawyer team receives in Hazelwood, MO:
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Receive?
That will vary depending on the particulars of your case, the significance of your injuries and the talent and drive of your Hazelwood, MO injury claim lawyer. With our assistance you can recover a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, for example damage to your car
- Wage loss for any time periods where your injury did not allow you to work
- Decreased earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical expenses, such as:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Your Hazelwood, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to fully value claims and get you the great financial recovery you are entitled to.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims?
Both states offer rare exceptions for age or disability, but it is crucial to reach out to an injury claim lawyer in Hazelwood, MO immediately after an injury to avoid bringing difficulties to your claim.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
The phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt" is ubiquitous in American culture. That's the burden of proof that juries and judges are held to in criminal cases to protect innocent people from prison. Personal injury claims are settled and tried in civil court, and the the applicable burden of proof is a preponderance of the evidence. That means that a fact-finder — whoever makes the final decision in your case — must find only that the claim is more likely than not to be true.
So, if a drunk driver gets out of their criminal case because of mistakes in a police reports, you can still pursue restitution from them in a civil court.
If your injury claim lawyer is helping you seek punitive damages, you must show clear and convincing evidence, which is a higher standard than preponderance of the evidence but lower than beyond a reasonable doubt.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that can vary based on the particulars of your injury. The Bureau of Justice Statistics found that 96 percent of tort suits are settled out of court. If the parties settle, a claim can be resolved within a few months, while you might have to wait for up to two years if a case in Hazelwood, MO goes to court. If your injuries do not have lifelong consequences, it might be preferable to wait until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you can be compensated for your full medical bills.
What's the Timeline for a Personal Injury Claim?
usually, following an injury caused by another person's reckless actions in Hazelwood, MO, the order of events is as follows:
- You receive medical attention (and keep with it until you have fully recovered).
- You discuss your claim with an injury claim lawyer.
- The lawyer carries out an investigation into your case and obtains evidence, for instance police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer sends an official settlement demand letter.
- If the the insurance company does not agree with the settlement demand, your injury claim lawyer may decide to negotiate or may immediately file a lawsuit.
- The discovery phase starts, wherein your attorney gathers further evidence and collects expert opinions.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the insurance company negotiate before a neutral intermediary in mediation.
- We take your case in front of a judge and jury if negotiations do not yield a fair settlement offer.
Can I Still Get Compensation if I Was Partially Liable?
Yes. Missouri is a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your compensation will be taken out by the percent of responsibility you bear for your injury. So if a jury awards you $100,000 but determines you were 30 percent responsible, you will only recover $70,000. Illinois is called a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you will not receive compensation if you are more than 50 percent responsible.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire an Injury Claim Lawyer? | Hazelwood, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
It's possible you are anxious about whether or not you can afford legal representation in Hazelwood, MO because the medical bills and lost wages are piling up and you're not sure you can afford an attorney. A benefit of hiring an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, as opposed to corporate attorneys in Hazelwood, MO, we work on a contingency fee basis. That means three things:
- There are no upfront costs. Rather than getting an hourly rate, we take a percentage of the financial recovery you are awarded — only after you get paid.
- You owe us nothing if we do not win your claim. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only gets paid by using their talent and drive to attain a successful resolution in your case.
- We won't take on your case unless we sincerely believe we will be able to significantly increase your compensation . We accept the risk of employing our resources to win your case, and we won't make promises we can't keep or mislead you.
Whatever your present financial situation is, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Hazelwood, MO will be by your side and fight for you to get you the great results you are entitled to.
Check out the links below to find out what other services we offer in Hazelwood, MO:
Call HK Law Today
Hazelwood, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You shouldn't have to pay because someone else was negligent and injured you. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Hazelwood, MO, we start building your case right away and maintain an open and consistent line of communication with you until we secure a successful resolution. We make sure you understand your claim and the law so you can do what's best for you and your Hazelwood, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Hazelwood, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.