Injury Claim Lawyer Cottleville, MO
Cottleville, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Review | Cottleville, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Cottleville, MO. Injuries can happen to anyone almost anytime, creating unforeseen and devastating financial, physical and emotional burdens. It can be infuriating when your injuries are the consequence of someone else's negligent action or inaction. Missouri and Illinois law offers an outlet for injured victims to collect compensation for their damages in the form of personal injury claims. Usually, it can be difficult for Cottleville, MO residents to recover fair compensation without the help of an injury claim lawyer. At Halvorsen Klote, we have pledged our careers to offering the injured and vulnerable in Missouri and Southern Illinois the highest level of legal representation that rivals and surpasses that of large insurance companies. If you were injured through no fault of your own, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
Top Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Cottleville, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims refer to legal claims seeking restitution for injuries caused by someone else's inattentive, reckless, or calculated behavior. While determining who is at fault depends on the specific circumstances of your cases, most cases fall into one of a number of common accident types. Some of the most frequent cases our injury claim lawyer team helps the injured with in Cottleville, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
Regardless of how your injuries occurred, your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Cottleville, MO has seen it before. To take the first step in recovering restitution for your injuries, reach out to us as soon as possible so we can get started on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Cottleville, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Not all injuries and accidents are cause for an injury or accident claim; you must show that another party is liable for your damages. In order for your claim to be successful, your injury claim lawyer must prove the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Establishing a duty of care is the first step in your claim. You must substantiate that the defendant had a duty to refrain from acts that could foreseeably injure you. If you were injured in an auto accident, the other driver automatically had a responsibility, as both Missouri and Illinois have put into law that motorists owe other drivers, passengers, bicyclists and pedestrians a duty of care. Other relationships, such as between a doctor and patient or a property owner and visitor, have predetermined duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: Next, you must demonstrate that the person who owed you a duty of care did not act as a reasonable person would or as the law dictates.
- Cause in Fact: Following that, you must demonstrate that were it not for the defendant's actions or inaction, you would not have been injured. So, if a driver had not been distracted, or if a restaurant manager had put a "wet floor" sign up, you would not have been injured.
- Proximate Cause: This refers to whether the cause in fact was really the the other party's fault. If a property owner had no way of knowing of a hazardous condition they may not be liable.
- Damages: The last element of negligence is that you suffered damages. In a personal injury lawsuit, that means you have to provide documentation of your injuries. If you were sideswiped and the only consequence was minor cosmetic damage to your car, you probably will not be able to bring a valid claim because you did not sustain any real injury.
Every Cottleville, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to take on, prove, and get great results in every type of personal injury claim. If you're unsure if your injuries can be attributed to someone else's negligence, reach out to an injury claim lawyer as soon as you can. We don't charge anything for evaluating your case, so there's no reason not to call us to discuss your claim.
Frequently Asked Questions | Cottleville, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Most of our Cottleville, MO clients have never had to make an injury claim before and are anxious about the process and how it works. Read on below for some FAQs from your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Cottleville, MO:
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That will vary depending on the specifics of your accident, the gravity of your injuries and the talent and drive of your Cottleville, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you receive compensation for:
- Property damage, such as damage to your car
- Lost wages for any time periods where your injury did not allow you to work
- Diminished earning potential if your injuries have permanent effects on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical expenses, for example:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up visits
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Cottleville, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to fully value the full extent of your damages and deliver you the full compensation you are owed.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Both states offer rare exceptions for age or disability, but it is essential to contact an injury claim lawyer in Cottleville, MO right away after being in an accident to avoid bringing complications to your case.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
We've all heard the phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt." That's the burden of proof that juries and judges must observe in criminal cases so that there is no chance that an innocent person lands in jail. Personal injury claims are civil cases, and the the relevant burden of proof is a preponderance of the evidence. Under that standard a fact-finder — whoever makes the final decision in your case — must find only that the claim is more likely than not to be true.
That means that if a drunk driver gets out of their criminal case because of mistakes in a police reports, you can still hold them accountable in a civil court.
If your injury claim lawyer is helping you seek punitive damages, you must provide clear and convincing evidence, which means that the fact finder are left with a clear conviction that the claim is most likely true.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that depends on the particulars of your claim. The Bureau of Justice Statistics reports that nearly all tort suits are settled out of court. A settlement may only take a few months, while you might have to wait for up to two years if a case in Cottleville, MO goes to trial. If your injuries do not have lifelong consequences, it might be best to wait until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you can be compensated for your full medical expenses.
How do Personal Injury Claims Work?
usually, after you've been injured by another person's negligence in Cottleville, MO, you can expect the process to unfold as follows:
- You get medical treatment (and continue treatment as long as necessary).
- You speak to an injury claim lawyer.
- The lawyer investigates your claim and collects evidence, for example police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer writes a formal settlement demand letter.
- If the settlement demand is not met, your injury claim lawyer will decide if the best plan of attack is to attempt to negotiate or file a lawsuit.
- Your lawyer enters the discovery phase, where they gather futher evidence and obtain expert testimony.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the the other party negotiate in front of an unbiased intermediary in mediation.
- We take your case in front of a judge and jury if we cannot secure a fair settlement offer in negotiations.
Can I Still Get Compensation if I Was Partially Liable?
Yes. Missouri is what is referred to a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your financial recovery will be taken out by the portion of responsibility you bear for your injury. So if a jury awards you $100,000 but establishes you were 30 percent at fault, you will only receive $70,000. Illinois is called a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you will not receive a financial recovery if you are more than half liable.
How Much Do Injury Claim Lawyers Charge? | Cottleville, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You might be worried about employing the services of a lawyer in Cottleville, MO because the medical bills and lost wages are piling up and you're not sure you can afford an attorney. The great thing about enlisting the services of an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, as opposed to corporate lawyers in Cottleville, MO, we charge a contingency fee. That means three things:
- We do not charge anything in advance of services. Because we don't charge an hourly amount, we take a portion of the compensation you collect — not before you get paid.
- You owe us nothing if we do not secure a successful resolution for your claim. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only makes a profit by utilizing their experience and knowledge to attain the best possible results.
- We won't take on your case unless we genuinely believe we can significantly increase your compensation . We accept the risk of using our resources to win your case, and we'll always be honest with you and will never mislead you.
Regardless of what your present economic situation may be, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Cottleville, MO will be by your side and fight for you to get you the great results you are owed.
Click on the links below to find out what other services we offer in Cottleville, MO:
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Call HK Law Today
Cottleville, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You shouldn't have to pay because someone else was negligent and injured you. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Cottleville, MO, we start building your claim right away and keep you informed until we secure a successful resolution. We give you all the information you need to do what's best for you and your Cottleville, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Cottleville, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.