Injury Claim Lawyer Macon, MO
Macon, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Macon, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Macon, MO. Injuries can happen to anyone almost anytime, creating unforeseen and harsh financial, physical and emotional afflictions. It's normal to be angry when your injuries are the consequence of someone else's negligence. Missouri and Illinois law provide an outlet for injured victims to receive a financial recovery for their damages by way of personal injury claims. Most of the time, you'll need the assistance of an injury claim lawyer in Macon, MO to get the most value for your claim. At Halvorsen Klote, we have pledged our lives to getting clients in Missouri and Southern Illinois great compensation, and providing them with the same high standard of legal representation as large insurance companies. If you were injured because someone else was negligent, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
Top Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Macon, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims refer to are the manner through which you can seek restitution for injuries caused by someone else's incautious, reckless, or intentional behavior. While determining who is liable depends on the specific circumstances of your accident, most cases will be decided by law governing one of a number of common accident types. Some of the most frequent cases our injury claim lawyer team takes on in Macon, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
No matter how your injuries transpired, your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Macon, MO has seen it before. To take the first step in recovering restitution for your injuries, reach out to us right away so we can get started on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Macon, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Not all injuries and accidents are cause for an injury or accident claim; you must show that someone else is responsible for your damages. In order for your injury claim lawyer to win your case, they must how the other party's action or inaction amounts to the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Demonstrating a duty of care is necessary in winning your claim. You must show that the defendant had an obligation to keep you safe. If you were injured in an auto accident, the other driver automatically had a responsibility, as both Missouri and Illinois have stipulated that drivers owe everyone else on the road a duty of care. Other associations, such as between a doctor and patient or a property owner and visitor, have preestablished duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: The second step, you need to demonstrate that the person who had a responsibility to your safety behaved in a way that was unreasonable or committed an act that was against the law.
- Cause in Fact: Following that, you must demonstrate that if the other party had acted differently, your injuries would not have occurred. For example, if a driver had not been following you too closely, or a doctor had diagnosed you correctly, you would not have been injured.
- Proximate Cause: This refers to whether the cause in fact was really the the other party's fault. If a driver ran a red light because their breaks malfunctioned, then the duty of care may have been breached by a manufacturer or mechanic, not by the driver.
- Damages: The last thing you need to demonstrate is that you incurred damages. In a personal injury lawsuit, that means you were injured. If you're in a slip and fall and only sustain a minor bruise that goes away after a couple days, you probably will not be able to file a valid claim because you did not sustain any real damages.
Every Macon, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to prove the five elements of negligence and get you the full financial recovery you deserve. If you're unsure if another party bears responsibility for your damages, it's best to consult with an injury claim lawyer right away. We don't charge anything for evaluating your case, so there's no reason not to call us to discuss your claim.
Frequently Asked Questions | Macon, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
When we take on a new case in Macon, MO, it's typically somebody who has never experienced an injury claim and is understandably unsure about the process and how it works. The following are some of the most frequently asked questions our injury claim lawyer team receives in Macon, MO:
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That will vary depending on the individual circumstances of your accident, the extent of your damages and the skill of your Macon, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you collect a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, for instance damage to your vehicle
- Wage loss if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Decreased earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical expenses, such as:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' appointments
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or car
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Your Macon, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to correctly value the full extent of your damages and get you the maximum financial recovery you are owed.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims?
There are some important exceptions in each state, but it is vital to get in touch with an injury claim lawyer in Macon, MO right away after being in an accident so that the time limit does not run out.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
The phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt" is ubiquitous in American culture. That's the burden of proof that juries and judges must abide by in criminal cases so that there is no chance that an innocent person is incarcerated. Personal injury claims are civil cases, and the the applicable burden of proof is a preponderance of the evidence. That means that a fact-finder — whoever makes the final decision in your case — must find only that the claim is more likely than not to be true.
So, if a drunk driver gets out of their criminal case because of errors in police work, you can still seek compensation from them in a civil claim.
If you and your injury claim lawyer choose to pursue punitive damages, you must provide clear and convincing evidence, which falls between preponderance of the evidence and beyond a reasonable doubt.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that can change based on the specifics of your injury. The Bureau of Justice Statistics found that the vast majority of tort suits are settled before they go to trial. A settlement may only take a few months, while a case that goes to trial in Macon, MO can take up to two years. If your injuries do not have a permanent affect on your life, your injury claim lawyer may recommend waiting until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you can be compensated for your full medical costs.
What's the Process of a Personal Injury Claim?
usually, after you've been injured by another person's negligence in Macon, MO, the order of events is as follows:
- You get medical attention (and continue treatment as long as necessary).
- You consult with an injury claim lawyer.
- The attorney carries out an investigation into your claim and acquires evidence, such as police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer writes a formal settlement demand letter.
- If the the insurance company refuses to pay the settlement demand, your injury claim lawyer will decide if the best idea is to try to negotiate or file a lawsuit.
- Your lawyer enters the discovery phase, where they gather more evidence and collect expert testimony.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the the other party negotiate before an impartial party in mediation.
- We take your case to trial if negotiations do not yield a fair settlement offer.
Can I Still Get Compensation if I Was Partially Liable?
Yes. Missouri is a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your financial recovery will be diminished by the portion of responsibility you bear for your injury. So if a jury awards you $100,000 but finds you were 30 percent to blame, you will only collect $70,000. Illinois is similar, but is a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you will not receive compensation if you are over half responsible.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire an Injury Claim Lawyer? | Macon, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You may be apprehensive about whether or not you can afford legal representation in Macon, MO because you're already paying for medical expenses and might not be able to work at the moment because of your injuries. A benefit of hiring an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, in contrast to corporate lawyers in Macon, MO, we are paid with a contingency fee. There are three chief benefits to that:
- We require no upfront fees. Instead of getting an hourly rate, we are paid with percentage of the compensation you receive — only after we win or settle your case.
- You owe us nothing if we do not secure a successful resolution for your case. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only earns a living by utilizing their talent and drive to reach a successful resolution in your case.
- We won't take on your case unless we truly believe we will be able to considerably increase your compensation . We accept the risk of utilizing our resources on your behalf, and we'll always be straightforward with you and will never mislead you.
Whatever your current financial situation is, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Macon, MO will be by your side and fight on your behalf to get you the great results you are entitled to.
Take a look at the following links to discover what other services we offer in Macon, MO:
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
Call HK Law Today
Macon, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You don't have to go through the complex legal process alone. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Macon, MO, we get started on your claim right away and maintain an open and consistent line of communication with you throughout the entire process. We make sure you understand your claim and the law so you can do the best thing for you and your Macon, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Macon, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.