Injury Claim Lawyer Mehlville, MO
Mehlville, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Review | Mehlville, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Mehlville, MO. No one anticipates being injured, but when they are it creates sudden and harsh economic, physical and emotional burdens. It's normal to be angry when your injuries are caused by someone else's negligence. Missouri and Illinois law offers an avenue for injured victims to get a financial recovery for their damages by means of personal injury claims. Most of the time, you'll need the aid of an injury claim lawyer in Mehlville, MO to get the most value for your claim. At Halvorsen Klote, we have dedicated our careers to getting clients in Missouri and Southern Illinois a full financial recovery, and providing them with the same high standard of legal representation as large insurance companies. If you were injured because someone else was negligent, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
Top Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Mehlville, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims are legal claims seeking restitution for injuries caused by someone else's negligent, reckless, or willful actions. While each accident and each injury claim is different, most cases will be decided by law governing one of several common accident types. Some of the most common claims our injury claim lawyer team helps the injured with in Mehlville, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
Whatever how your injuries transpired, your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Mehlville, MO has seen it before. To take the first step in recovering restitution for your injuries, contact us right away so we can start working on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Mehlville, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You cannot make a claim for any injury or accident; you must show that someone else is liable for your damages. In order for your injury claim lawyer to win your case, they must how the other party's action or inaction constitutes the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Confirming a duty of care is predominant your claim. You must demonstrate that the defendant had a duty to your safety. If you were injured in an auto accident, the other driver automatically had a responsibility, as both Missouri and Illinois have put forth that motorists owe others a duty of care. Other associations, such as between a doctor and patient or a property owner and customer, have preestablished duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: Next, you need to demonstrate that the person who owed you a duty of care acted in a way that was unreasonable or did something against the law.
- Cause in Fact: The third step is showing that were it not for the defendant's actions or inaction, your injuries would not have occurred. So, if a driver had not been following you too closely, or if a restaurant manager had put a "wet floor" sign up, you would not have incurred the damages for which you are making a claim.
- Proximate Cause: This refers to whether the cause in fact was really the the other party's fault. If a property owner had no way of knowing of a hazardous condition they may not be at fault.
- Damages: The last aspect of negligence is that you sustained damages. In a personal injury claim, that means you were injured. If a dog nips at you and you only receive a minor cut that doesn't get infected, you likely do not have a claim because you did not receive any actual damages.
Every Mehlville, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to take on, prove, and win every type of personal injury claim. If don't know whether or not you have a claim, you need to consult with an injury claim lawyer right away. Our case reviews are free, so they're no-risk, no-obligation.
Frequently Asked Questions | Mehlville, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Most of our Mehlville, MO clients have never had to make an injury claim before and are anxious about the process and how it works. Read on below for some FAQs from your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Mehlville, MO:
How Much Compensation Should I Expect to Receive?
That depends on the specifics of your accident, the scope of your damages and the skill of your Mehlville, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you secure compensation for:
- Property damage, such as damage to your car
- Lost wages from time spent recovering
- Diminished earning potential if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your job
- Medical bills, for instance:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
Your Mehlville, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to precisely value the full extent of your damages and secure you the great financial recovery you deserve.
What's the Time Limit to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Both states offer rare exceptions for age or disability, but it is essential to contact an injury claim lawyer in Mehlville, MO right away after an injury so that the clock does not run out.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
The phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt" is ubiquitous in American culture. That's the burden of proof that juries and judges must abide by in criminal court so that there is no chance that an innocent person is incarcerated. Personal injury claims are settled and tried in civil court, and the the pertinent burden of proof is a preponderance of the evidence. That means that a fact-finder — whoever makes the final decision in your case — must find only that the claim is more likely than not to be true.
So, if a drunk driver avoids a criminal conviction because of errors in a police reports, you can still pursue compensation from them in a civil court.
If your injury claim lawyer is helping you seek punitive damages, you must provide clear and convincing evidence, which means that the fact finder are left with a clear conviction that the claim is probably true.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that depends on the particulars of your case. The Bureau of Justice Statistics reports that almost all tort suits are settled out of court. If the parties settle, you can receive compensation within a few months, while a case that makes it to court in Mehlville, MO can take up to two years. If your injuries do not have lifelong consequences, your injury claim lawyer may advise waiting until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you know the full extent of your medical bills.
What's the Timeline for a Personal Injury Claim?
Generally, after you've been injured by somebody else's careless behavior in Mehlville, MO, you can expect the process to unfold as follows:
- You receive medical attention (and continue care as long as necessary).
- You speak to an injury claim lawyer.
- The attorney carries out an investigation into your case and gathers evidence, for instance police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer makes an official settlement demand letter.
- If the settlement demand is not met, your injury claim lawyer may decide to negotiate or may immediately file a lawsuit.
- Your lawyer enters the discovery phase, where they acquire futher evidence and collect expert testimony.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the the other party enter negotiations in front of an unbiased intermediary in mediation.
- We take your case to trial if the insurance company will not be fair in negotiations.
Can I Still Receive Compensation if I Was Partially to Blame?
Yes. Missouri is what is called a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your compensation will be taken out by the percent of responsibility you bear for your injury. Meaning, if a jury decides your damages add up to $100,000 but finds you were 30 percent at fault, you will only recover $70,000. Illinois is called a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you will not receive a financial recovery if you are more than 50 percent to blame.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire an Injury Claim Lawyer? | Mehlville, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
It's possible you are worried about employing the services of a lawyer in Mehlville, MO because you're already paying for medical expenses and might not be able to work at the moment because of your injuries. A benefit of enlisting the services of an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, in contrast to corporate lawyers in Mehlville, MO, we work on a contingency fee basis. That means three things:
- We require no upfront fees. Rather than getting an hourly amount, we are paid with percentage of the compensation you collect — not before you get paid.
- You owe us nothing if we do not secure a successful resolution for your case. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only gets paid by employing their skill and determination to achieve a successful resolution in your case.
- We only take cases on when we sincerely believe we will be able to add substantially more value to your claim . We assume the risk of utilizing our resources on your behalf, and we'll always be honest with you and will never mislead you.
Regardless of what your current financial status is, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Mehlville, MO will be by your side and fight on your behalf to get you the great results you are entitled to.
Check out the following links to discover what other services we offer in Mehlville, MO:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Call HK Law Today
Mehlville, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You shouldn't have to pay because someone else was negligent and injured you. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Mehlville, MO, we start building your claim immediately and stay in communication with you throughout the entire process. We make sure you understand your claim and the law so you can do what's best for you and your Mehlville, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Mehlville, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.