Injury Claim Lawyer Osage Beach, MO
Osage Beach, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | Osage Beach, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Osage Beach, MO. Injuries can happen to anyone almost anytime, creating sudden and severe financial, physical and emotional afflictions. It's normal to be angry when your injuries are caused by someone else's negligence. Missouri and Illinois law offers a channel for injured victims to collect compensation for their damages in the form of personal injury claims. Usually, you'll need the assistance of an injury claim lawyer in Osage Beach, MO to get the most value for your claim. At Halvorsen Klote, we have devoted our careers to getting clients in Missouri and Southern Illinois a full financial recovery, and providing them with the same high standard of legal representation as large insurance companies. If you were injured through no fault of your own, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Top Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Osage Beach, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims are are the manner through which you can seek restitution for injuries caused by someone else's inattentive, reckless, or willful behavior. While each accident and each injury claim is different, most cases fall into one of a number of common accident types. Some of the most frequent cases our injury claim lawyer team handles in Osage Beach, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
No matter how you sustained your injuries, your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Osage Beach, MO has seen it before. If you've been injured because of somebody else's reckless actions, call us right away so we can get started on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Osage Beach, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You cannot receive compensation for every injury; you must show that someone else is liable for your damages. In order for your injury claim lawyer to win your case, they must prove the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Demonstrating a duty of care is predominant your claim. You must show that the defendant had an obligation to refrain from acts that could predictably injure you. If you were injured in an auto accident, the other driver automatically had a responsibility, as both Missouri and Illinois have established that motorists owe everyone else on the road a duty of care. Other associations, such as between a doctor and patient or a property owner and customer, have predetermined duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: Next, you need to demonstrate that the person who owed you a duty of care did not act as a reasonable person would or as the law dictates.
- Cause in Fact: Following that, you must demonstrate that were it not for the defendant's actions or inaction, you would not have been injured. Meaning, if a driver had not run a red light, or if a restaurant manager had put a "wet floor" sign up, you would not have incurred the damages for which you are making a claim.
- Proximate Cause: This refers to whether the cause in fact was really the the other party's fault. A doctor may not be held liable if they followed standard procedures, even if they missed a diagnosis.
- Damages: The final element of negligence is that you incurred damages. In a personal injury case, that means you were injured. If you were rear-ended and the only consequence was minor cosmetic damage to your vehicle, you probably will not be able to file a valid claim because you did not sustain any real damages.
Every Osage Beach, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to take on, prove, and get great results in every type of personal injury case. If don't know whether or not another party bears responsibility for your damages, it's best to consult with an injury claim lawyer right away. We don't charge anything for evaluating your case, so there's no risk in calling us to discuss your claim.
Frequently Asked Questions | Osage Beach, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
When we take on a new case in Osage Beach, MO, it's usually the first time our client has experienced an injury claim and is naturally unsure about the process and how it works. The following are some of the most frequently asked questions our injury claim lawyer team receives in Osage Beach, MO:
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Receive?
That depends on the individual circumstances of your accident, the extent of your damages and the experience and knowledge of your Osage Beach, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you collect a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, for instance damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages from time spent recovering
- Diminished earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical expenses, like:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Osage Beach, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and deliver you the complete financial recovery you are entitled to.
What's the Time Limit to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Both states offer rare exceptions for age or disability, but it is paramount to contact an injury claim lawyer in Osage Beach, MO as soon as you can after being in an accident to avoid bringing complications to your case.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
The phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt" is ubiquitous in American culture. That's the burden of proof that juries and judges must abide by in criminal court to protect innocent people from jail. Personal injury claims are settled and tried in civil court, and the burden of proof is called a preponderance of the evidence. That means that a fact-finder — whoever makes the final decision in your case — must find only that the claim is more likely than not to be true.
So, if a drunk driver evades a criminal conviction because of mistakes in a police reports, you can still pursue compensation from them in a civil court.
If your injury claim lawyer is helping you pursue punitive damages, you must provide clear and convincing evidence, which means that the fact finder are left with a firm belief that the claim is probably true.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that can vary based on the individual circumstances of your claim. The Bureau of Justice Statistics reports that almost all tort lawsuits are settled before they go to trial. If the parties settle, you can receive compensation within a few months, while you might have to wait for up to two years if a case in Osage Beach, MO goes to court. If your injuries do not result in permanent disability, it might be preferable to wait until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you know the full extent of your medical costs.
How do Personal Injury Claims Work?
usually, following an injury caused by another person's reckless behavior in Osage Beach, MO, you can expect the process to proceed as follows:
- You receive medical treatment (and continue treatment as long as necessary).
- You discuss your claim with an injury claim lawyer.
- The attorney investigates your claim and acquires evidence, including police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer writes a formal settlement demand letter.
- If the settlement demand is denied, your injury claim lawyer will decide if the best idea is to try to negotiate or file a lawsuit.
- The discovery phase starts, wherein your lawyer obtains more evidence and acquires expert opinions.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the the other party negotiate before an unbiased party in mediation.
- We take your case to trial if the insurance company will not be fair in negotiations.
Can I Still Receive Compensation if I Was Partially at Fault?
Yes. Missouri is a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your financial recovery will be reduced by the percent of responsibility you share. Meaning, if a jury awards you $100,000 but determines you were 30 percent at fault, you will only receive $70,000. Illinois is considered a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you will not receive a financial recovery if you are over 50 percent to blame.
How Much Do Injury Claim Lawyers Charge? | Osage Beach, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
It's possible you are worried about whether or not you can afford legal representation in Osage Beach, MO because you're already paying for medical expenses and might not be able to work at the moment because of your injuries. An advantage to hiring an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, as opposed to other lawyers in Osage Beach, MO, we are paid with a contingency fee. There are three main benefits to that:
- There are no upfront costs. Instead of getting an hourly rate, we are paid with percentage of the financial recovery you collect — not before you get paid.
- You owe us nothing if we do not secure a successful resolution for your case. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only makes a profit by using their experience and knowledge to achieve a successful resolution in your case.
- We only take cases on when we sincerely believe we will be able to add substantially more value to your claim . We take on the risk of employing our resources for you, and we won't make promises we can't keep or mislead you.
Whatever your current financial status is, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Osage Beach, MO will be by your side and fight for you to get you the great results you deserve.
Take a look at the links below to see what other services we offer in Osage Beach, MO:
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Call HK Law Today
Osage Beach, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You don't have to go through the complicated legal process alone. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Osage Beach, MO, we get started on your case right away and keep you informed until we secure a successful resolution. We make sure you understand your claim and the law so you can do what's best for you and your Osage Beach, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Osage Beach, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.