Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Osage Beach, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Evaluation | Osage Beach, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Osage Beach, MO. Pedestrians are at heightened risk when drivers act carelessly, and pedestrian accidents can cause horrible injuries that lead to unanticipated economic, emotional and physical hardships for the victims. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team aids the the injured and vulnerable throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by providing them with the skillful legal support that large insurance companies use to avoid paying people the compensation they're entitled to. We are here to fight for your your rights on your behalf, hold the person or organization that hurt you accountable and get you the full financial recovery you need to truly recover. Get in touch with a Osage Beach, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Osage Beach, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, nationwide in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian deaths and over 76,000 injuries.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in crashes and 1,314 non-passengers suffered injuries.
According to data from the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians were killed in collisions and 3,138 were hurt.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Osage Beach, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must follow according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When there are no traffic signals, vehicles should yield to a pedestrian that is approaching halfway over the road.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly run in front of a car in a way that a driver will not be able to account for them before hitting them.
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, vehicles have the right of way.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a pedestrian bridge has been provided.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot travel between adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
Because pedestrian laws in Missouri and Illinois are relatively convoluted, it's vital to hire a pedestrian accident lawyer in Osage Beach, MO as soon as possible if you were hurt by a vehicle. Get in touch with a pedestrian accident lawyer in Osage Beach, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Osage Beach, MO?
That changes between cases. Some of the entities we can seek compensation from are:
- The driver, for instance if they were driving distracted, or otherwise driving recklessly.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer in a product liability claim, for example if a car's brakes do not function correctly.
- The public body who are charged with overseeing the security of an intersection or road, for example if there is is a high-traffic area that suffers from poor lighting.
In some claims, we can hold various people, companies and organizations liable. For example, if a drowsy driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, it may be possible to make a claim against the driver and the government body responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will explore every possible contributing factor to your accident your accident in order to get you the great financial recovery you deserve. This is extremely important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
What if I Am Partially to Blame for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Osage Beach, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. That means that you may still be awarded compensation for your compensation, but it will be reduced depending on the percentage of fault you share for the accident. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get you could still receive $1,000 for that injury. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from anything if you bear over half of the liability for the accident.
Trying to move responsibility onto you is a common tactic insurance companies use to devalue claims. Your Osage Beach, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will handle the insurance adjuster and ensure you are not taken advantage of by a powerful insurance company.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Osage Beach, MO Do for Me?
Your Osage Beach, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will use our legal knowledge to level the playing field. When you hire us, we get started on your case right away. We also give you all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family. In addition, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, including eyewitness dispositions, pictures, police reports and more.
- Work in concert with our network of Osage Beach, MO accident experts to help ascertain fault in your claim.
- Work in concert with our network of Osage Beach, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can spend your energy on healing.
- Make sure the insurance adjuster know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury when the insurance adjuster will not be fair in negotiations.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That will vary depending on the particulars of your case, the severity of your injuries and the skill of your Osage Beach, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you recover compensation for:
- Property damage, such as damage to your vehicle
- Wage loss for any time periods where your injury did not allow you to work
- Lowered earning capacity if your injuries have permanent effects on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical costs, for instance:
- Urgent care visits
- Subsequent doctors' appointments
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Osage Beach, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Osage Beach, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Take a look at the following links to see what other services we offer in Osage Beach, MO:
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Osage Beach, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you care about was hurt in an accident because of someone else's negligence, your Osage Beach, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight for you to get you the compensation you are owed. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. Our Osage Beach, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side throughout your claim. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Osage Beach, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.