Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Lebanon, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | Lebanon, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Lebanon, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause unimaginable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team serves the the injured and vulnerable throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by giving them the skillful legal advocacy that large insurance companies have access to. We are here to fight for your your rights on your behalf, hold the people that harmed you accountable and get you the full compensation you need to truly recover. Reach out to a Lebanon, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Lebanon, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that, across the entire country in 2019, 6,205 pedestrians were killed and 76,000 were injured.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in collisions and 1,314 non-passengers were hurt.
According to reporting from the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers were killed in collisions and 3,138 suffered injuries.
What Are the Pedestrian Laws in Lebanon, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must observe according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles should yield to a pedestrian that is approaching halfway over the road.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly leave a curb in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, they must wait for vehicles to pass before stopping.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a road where a overhead pedestrian crossing has been placed.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cut across adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's key to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in Lebanon, MO in your corner who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer in Lebanon, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Is Responsible for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Lebanon, MO?
That can be any one or a variety of parties. Some of the entities we can seek compensation from include:
- The driver, for example if they were running a red light, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a careless way.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability lawsuit, for example if a motorcycle wobbles at high speeds.
- The public agency responsible for overseeing the security of an intersection or street, for example if there is is a high-traffic area that suffers from poor lighting.
In some claims, we can hold various entities liable. For example, if a drowsy driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, you may be able to make a claim against the driver and the municipal agency who were supposed to keep the area secure for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will explore every possible contributing factor to your accident your accident in order to get you maximum compensation you deserve. This is extremely important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Lebanon, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's referred to as a "comparative negligence" rule. In either state, you may still be awarded compensation for your injuries, but it will be decreased based on the percentage of fault you share for the accident. For example, if the sum of your damages is $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from anything for your damages if you bear over half of the liability for the accident.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative negligence to lessen your payout, or avoid reimbursing you altogether. Your Lebanon, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to resist those tactics and get you the compensation you are owed.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Lebanon, MO Do for Me?
Your Lebanon, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will implement our legal knowledge to get justice for you and your family. When you hire us, we get started on your case right away. We work to keep you informed throughout your claim. On top of that, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, including eyewitness dispositions, photographs, police reports and more.
- Work alongside our network of Lebanon, MO crash experts to help determine accountability for your injuries.
- Work in tandem with our network of Lebanon, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can focus on healing.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case to trial when we cannot get the compensation you are owed in mediation.
How Much Compensation Should I Expect to Recover?
That will vary depending on the specifics of your injury, the extent of your damages and the talent and dedication of your Lebanon, MO injury claim lawyer. With our assistance you can receive compensation for:
- Property damage, such as damage to your car
- Lost wages if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Diminished earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical expenses, for example:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up visits
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Lebanon, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Lebanon, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Take a look at the these links to see what other services we offer in Lebanon, MO:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Lebanon, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you love was hurt in an accident that was not their fault, trust in your Lebanon, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. You do not have to go it alone when someone else turns your life upside down. We take all of our client's cases in Lebanon, MO personally and will stand by your side throughout your claim. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Lebanon, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.