Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Edwardsville, IL Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Evaluation | Edwardsville, IL Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Edwardsville, IL. Pedestrian accidents can cause unthinkable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has pledged their careers to battling against large insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to defend your rights, hold the person or corporation that injured you responsible and secure you the fair financial recovery you need to be made whole again. Get in touch with a Edwardsville, IL pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Edwardsville, IL Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, nationwide in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian deaths and over 76,000 injuries.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in collisions and 1,314 non-passengers sustained injuries.
According to the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers died in wrecks and 3,138 suffered injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Edwardsville, IL?
While drivers of cars, trucks and motorcycles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When traffic signals are not present, vehicles should stop when a pedestrian is halfway across the street.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden leave a curb in a way that a driver will not be able to see them in time.
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, vehicles have the right of way.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a highway where a pedestrian tunnel has been placed.
- In both states, you cannot travel across adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's essential to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in Edwardsville, IL in your corner who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Call a pedestrian accident lawyer in Edwardsville, IL straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Edwardsville, IL?
That will vary based on the exact causes of your injuries. Some of the people, companies and organizations we can seek compensation from are:
- The driver, for example if they were not paying attention, or otherwise driving recklessly.
- A car manufacturer, vendor or mechanic in a product liability lawsuit, for instance if a motorcycle wobbles at high speeds.
- The government agency responsible for overseeing the security of an intersection or road, for example if there are malfunctioning traffic lights.
In some claims, we can hold various entities accountable. For example, if a drunk driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, we may be able to help you make a claim against the driver and the public agency who were supposed to keep the area safe for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will conduct a full investigation into your accident in order to get you full compensation you deserve. This is vitally important if if one party, in combination with your underinsured motorist coverage, is not able to pay for all of your damages.
What if I Am Partially At Fault for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Edwardsville, IL?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's referred to as a "comparative negligence" rule. That means that you may still collect compensation for your compensation, but it will be reduced based on the your portion of the blame for the accident. For example, if the sum of your damages is $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you were 40% at fault, you would only receive $60,000.
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would be prohibited from recovering anything for your damages if most of the accident was your fault.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative fault to lessen your payout, or avoid compensating you altogether. Your Edwardsville, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to resist those tactics and get you the financial recovery you are entitled to.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Edwardsville, IL Do for Me?
Your Edwardsville, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will implement our legal experience to get justice for you and your loved ones. When you hire us, we will immediately work to determine who is liable for your injuries. We also give you a personalized, client-based experience where you know exactly where your case is at. Additionally, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Acquire all evidence to help with your claim, including eyewitness testimony, photographs, police records and more.
- Work in concert with our network of Edwardsville, IL accident experts to help ascertain liability in your claim.
- Work alongside our network of Edwardsville, IL medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can spend your energy on recovering.
- Stand up to insurance companies who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury when we cannot get the settlement offer you deserve in negotiations.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the particulars of your case, the scope of your damages and the experience and knowledge of your Edwardsville, IL injury claim lawyer. With our help you can recover a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, such as damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages for any time periods where your injury did not allow you to work
- Diminished earning potential if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your job
- Medical bills, for instance:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
Your Edwardsville, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Edwardsville, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Check out the links below to see what other services we offer in Edwardsville, IL:
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
Edwardsville, IL Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a loved one was hurt in an accident because of someone else's recklessness, trust in your Edwardsville, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. You do not have to go it alone when someone else turns your life upside down. Our Edwardsville, IL clients matter to us and we will stand by your side until you get justice for your injuries. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Edwardsville, IL today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.