Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Fulton, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | Fulton, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Fulton, MO. Pedestrians are at heightened risk when drivers act recklessly, and pedestrian accidents can cause horrible injuries that create unanticipated economic, emotional and physical burdens for the victims. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team serves the injured throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by providing them with the skillful legal representation that large insurance companies have access to. We are here to fight for your your rights on your behalf, hold the person or organization that hurt you responsible and win you the maximum compensation you need to truly heal. Reach out to a Fulton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Fulton, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that, in the United States in 2019, 6,205 non-passengers were killed in car accidents and 76,000 were injured.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in accidents and 1,314 non-passengers were harmed.
According to the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians died in wrecks and 3,138 were injured.
What Are the Pedestrian Laws in Fulton, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must observe according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles are required to yield to a pedestrian that is halfway across the road.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden run into traffic in a way that a driver will not be able to see them in time.
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a highway where a pedestrian bridge has been placed.
- In both states, you cannot cross at adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's vital to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in Fulton, MO in your corner who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Call a pedestrian accident lawyer in Fulton, MO today at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Fulton, MO?
That changes between cases. Some of the people, companies and organizations we can seek compensation from include:
- The driver, for example if they were driving drowsy, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a negligent way.
- A car manufacturer, dealer or mechanic in a product liability lawsuit, for instance if a car's tires are prone to blowing out.
- The public body who are charged with overseeing the security of an intersection or street, for example if there are malfunctioning traffic lights.
In some claims, we can hold various entities liable. For example, if a distracted driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, you may be able to get a financial recovery from the driver and the government entity who were supposed to keep the area secure for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will conduct a full investigation into your accident in order to win you the maximum financial recovery you are entitled to. This is particularly important if if one party, in combination with your underinsured motorist coverage, is not able to pay for all of your damages.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Fulton, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's known as a "comparative negligence" rule. In a comparative fault state, you might still recover compensation for your injuries, but it will be lowered based on the percentage of fault you share for the accident. For example, if the sum of your damages is $100,000, but the fact finder determines you were 40% at fault, you would only receive $60,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get 1% of your damages. However, in Illinois, pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would would not be able to collect anything if the majority of the accident was your fault.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative negligence to lessen your payout, or avoid compensating you altogether. Your Fulton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will handle the insurance adjuster and ensure you are not mistreated by a callous insurance company.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Fulton, MO Help With My Case?
Your Fulton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will employ our legal expertise to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to reimburse you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we get started on your case right away. We also give you a personalized, client-based experience where you know exactly where your case is at. On top of that, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all evidence to help with your claim, such as eyewitness dispositions, photographs, police records and more.
- Work alongside our network of Fulton, MO crash experts to help determine accountability for your injuries.
- Work in concert with our network of Fulton, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Handle all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can focus on recovering.
- Make sure the insurance adjuster know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when we cannot get a fair financial recovery in mediation.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That will vary depending on the particulars of your injury, the significance of your injuries and the expertise of your Fulton, MO injury claim lawyer. With our assistance you can recover a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, like damage to your car
- Wage loss from time spent recovering
- Decreased earning potential if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical expenses, such as:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Your Fulton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Fulton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the links below to find out what other services we offer in Fulton, MO:
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Fulton, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you care about was harmed in an accident that was not their fault, your Fulton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. Our Fulton, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side until you get justice for your injuries. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Fulton, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.