Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Boonville, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Boonville, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Boonville, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause unthinkable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has dedicated their careers to battling against powerful insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to defend your rights, hold the people that hurt you responsible and get you the full compensation you need to truly recover. Reach out to a Boonville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Boonville, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that, nationwide in 2019, 6,205 pedestrians were killed and 76,000 were injured.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in collisions and 1,314 pedestrians were injured.
According to data from the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians were killed in wrecks and 3,138 were hurt.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Boonville, MO?
While drivers owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When there are no traffic signals, cars, trucks and motorcycles must stop when a pedestrian is approaching the halfway point in the road.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly leave a curb in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, vehicles have the right of way.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a street where a overhead pedestrian crossing has been placed.
- In both states, you cannot cut across adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
As pedestrian laws in Missouri and Illinois are relatively intricate, it's vital to hire a pedestrian accident lawyer in Boonville, MO immediately if you were hurt in a pedestrian accident. Reach out to a pedestrian accident lawyer in Boonville, MO today at 866-382-4167.
Who Is Liable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Boonville, MO?
That changes between cases. Some of the entities we can seek compensation from are:
- The driver, for example if they were driving drowsy, or otherwise driving negligently.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability claim, for instance if a car's brakes malfunction.
- The government entity who are charged with keeping a certain area safe, for example if there are malfunctioning traffic lights.
In some cases, we can hold various parties liable. For example, if a drunk driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, it may be possible to get a financial recovery from the driver and the public agency responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will conduct a full investigation into your accident in order to secure you maximum compensation you deserve. This is extremely important if if one party, in combination with your underinsured motorist coverage, is not able to pay for all of your damages.
What if I Am Partially to Blame for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Boonville, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. That means that you will get compensation for the share of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you were 40% at fault, you would only receive $60,000.
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get you could still receive $1,000 for that injury. However, in Illinois, pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would be barred from recovering any compensation if you were more than 50% responsible.
Attempting to move blame onto you is a common trick insurance companies use to avoid paying out claims. Your Boonville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will deal directly with the insurance adjuster and ensure you are not mistreated by a callous insurance company.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Boonville, MO Help With My Case?
Your Boonville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will employ our legal skill to level the playing field. When you hire us, we will immediately work to determine who is liable for your injuries. We work to keep you informed throughout your claim. Furthermore, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all evidence to help with your claim, including eyewitness testimony, photographs, police reports and more.
- Work alongside our network of Boonville, MO crash experts to help determine liability for your injuries.
- Work alongside our network of Boonville, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can spend your energy on recovering.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when the insurance adjuster will not be fair in mediation.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That will vary depending on the individual circumstances of your case, the extent of your damages and the expertise of your Boonville, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you secure a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, such as damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages for any time periods where your injury did not allow you to work
- Diminished earning potential if your injuries result in disability
- Medical costs, such as:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up visits
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Your Boonville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Boonville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Take a look at the these links to find out what other services we offer in Boonville, MO:
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
Boonville, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a family member was hurt in an accident because of someone else's carelessness, trust in your Boonville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. You should not have to suffer because of someone else's mistakes. We take all of our client's cases in Boonville, MO personally and will stand by your side until you get justice for your injuries. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Boonville, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.