Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
St. Robert, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Review | St. Robert, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in St. Robert, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause unthinkable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has devoted their careers to battling against large insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to fight for your your rights on your behalf, hold the people that hurt you responsible and secure you the fair compensation you need to be made whole again. Reach out to a St. Robert, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | St. Robert, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that, nationwide in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian fatalities and over 76,000 injuries.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in accidents and 1,314 pedestrians were hurt.
According to data from the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians were killed in collisions and 3,138 sustained injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in St. Robert, MO?
While drivers of cars, trucks and motorcycles owe everyone else on the St. Robert, MO roads a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles are required to yield to a pedestrian that is halfway across the crosswalk.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly enter traffic in a way that a driver will not be able to see them in time.
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, they must wait for vehicles to pass before stopping.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a overhead pedestrian crossing has been placed.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot travel between adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's key to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in St. Robert, MO by your side who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Reach out to a pedestrian accident lawyer in St. Robert, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Is at-Fault for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in St. Robert, MO?
That changes between cases. Some of the people, companies and organizations we can seek compensation from are:
- The driver, for instance if they were driving drunk, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a reckless way.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer in a product liability lawsuit, for example if a car's brakes stop working.
- The public agency who are charged with overseeing the safety of an intersection or street, for example if there is poor lighting at night.
In some cases, we can hold various people, companies and organizations liable. For example, if a distracted driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, it may be possible to make a claim against the driver and the government body who were supposed to keep the area secure for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will look into every possible responsible party in your accident in order to secure you maximum compensation you deserve. This is particularly important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
What if I Am Partially to Blame for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in St. Robert, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's known as a "comparative negligence" rule. In a comparative fault state, you may still collect compensation for your injuries, but it will be decreased depending on the your portion of the blame for the accident. For example, if the sum of your damages is $100,000, but the fact finder determines you were 40% at fault, you would only receive $60,000.
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get you could still receive $1,000 for that injury. However, in Illinois, pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would would not be able to collect anything if you were more than 50% responsible.
Trying to shift blame onto you is a common trick insurance companies use to avoid paying out claims. Your St. Robert, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to counter those stunts and get you the financial recovery you are entitled to.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in St. Robert, MO Do for Me?
Your St. Robert, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will utilize our legal expertise to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to pay you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we start investigating immediately. We work to constantly let you know the current status of claim so you are not left in the dark. Additionally, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Acquire all relevant evidence, such as eyewitness dispositions, security footage, police reports and more.
- Work in tandem with our network of St. Robert, MO wreck experts to help determine fault for your injuries.
- Work in tandem with our network of St. Robert, MO medical experts to exactly value your damages.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can focus on recovering.
- Fight back against insurance companies who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury when the insurance company will not be fair in negotiations.
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Receive?
That depends on the individual circumstances of your case, the extent of your damages and the experience and knowledge of your St. Robert, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you be awarded a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, for example damage to your car
- Wage loss if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Diminished earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical costs, for instance:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your St. Robert, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your St. Robert, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the links below to see what other services we offer in St. Robert, MO:
St. Robert, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you love was harmed in an accident because of someone else's carelessness, your St. Robert, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight on your behalf to get you the compensation you are owed. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. Our St. Robert, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side until the responsible parties are held accountable. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in St. Robert, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.