Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Festus, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Review | Festus, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Festus, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause unthinkable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team serves the injured throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by providing them with the exceptional legal advocacy that large insurance companies use to avoid paying people the compensation they're entitled to. We are here to fight for your your rights on your behalf, hold the person or organization that harmed you responsible and secure you the full compensation you need to be made whole again. Call a Festus, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Festus, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that, across the entire country in 2019, 6,205 non-passengers were killed in car accidents and 76,000 were injured.
According to reporting from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in crashes and 1,314 pedestrians were harmed.
According to data from the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers died in collisions and 3,138 suffered injuries.
What Are the Pedestrian Laws in Festus, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When there are no traffic signals, cars, trucks and motorcycles should stop when a pedestrian is halfway across the street.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly run in front of a car in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a pedestrian bridge has been provided.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot go between adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
who knows how to apply Missouri or Illinois law to your injury claim. Get in touch with a pedestrian accident lawyer in Festus, MO today at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Festus, MO?
That will vary based on the exact causes of your injuries. Some of the people, companies and organizations we can seek compensation from are:
- The driver, for example if they were driving drowsy, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a reckless way.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer, dealer or mechanic in a product liability claim, for instance if a car's tires are prone to blowing out.
- The public body who are charged with keeping a certain area safe, for example if there are malfunctioning traffic lights.
In some claims, we can hold various entities at-fault. For example, if a drunk driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, it may be possible to get a financial recovery from the driver and the public agency who were supposed to keep the area secure for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will look into every possible at-fault party in your accident in order to secure you the best possible compensation you are entitled to. This is particularly important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Festus, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. That means that you will be awarded compensation for the share of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if your damages total $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get you could still receive $1,000 for that injury. However, in Illinois, pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would be barred from recovering any compensation if you were more than 50% responsible.
Attempting to move blame onto you is a common trick insurance companies use to devalue claims. Your Festus, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will push back against the insurance adjuster and make sure you are not mistreated by a callous insurance company.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Festus, MO Help With My Case?
Your Festus, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will use our legal expertise to level the playing field. When you hire us, we will immediately work to identify who is liable for your injuries. We work to give you a personalized, client-based experience where you know exactly where your case is at. Additionally, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all evidence to help with your claim, such as eyewitness dispositions, security footage, police records and more.
- Work alongside our network of Festus, MO collision experts to help determine accountability in your claim.
- Work in tandem with our network of Festus, MO medical experts to precisely value your damages.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can spend your energy on healing.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when the insurance company will not be fair in negotiations.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the specifics of your accident, the scope of your damages and the expertise of your Festus, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you secure a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, for example damage to your car
- Lost wages if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Lowered earning potential if your injuries result in disability
- Medical bills, like:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or car
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Festus, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Festus, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Take a look at the following links to see what other services we offer in Festus, MO:
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Festus, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you care about was harmed in an accident that was not their fault, your Festus, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight for you to get you the compensation you are entitled to. You should not have to suffer because of someone else's mistakes. We take all of our client's cases in Festus, MO personally and will stand by your side until the responsible parties are held accountable. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Festus, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.