Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
O'Fallon, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Evaluation | O'Fallon, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in O'Fallon, MO. Pedestrians are at increased risk when drivers act negligent, and pedestrian accidents can cause catastrophic injuries that create instant economic, emotional and physical hardships for the victims. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team aids the injured throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by giving them the skillful legal advocacy that large insurance companies have access to. We are here to fight for your your rights on your behalf, hold the people that hurt you responsible and secure you the fair financial recovery you need to truly recover. Reach out to a O'Fallon, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | O'Fallon, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that, in the United States in 2019, 6,205 pedestrians were killed and 76,000 were injured.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in accidents and 1,314 pedestrians were hurt.
According to reporting from the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers were killed in accidents and 3,138 suffered injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in O'Fallon, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must observe according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When traffic signals are not present, vehicles should stop when a pedestrian is approaching the halfway point in the road.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly enter traffic in a way that a driver will not be able to see them in time.
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a street where a pedestrian tunnel has been placed.
- In both states, you cannot cross at adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's essential to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in O'Fallon, MO by your side who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Call a pedestrian accident lawyer in O'Fallon, MO today at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in O'Fallon, MO?
That can be any one or a variety of parties. Some of the entities we can seek compensation from are:
- The driver, for example if they were driving distracted, or otherwise driving negligently.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer in a product liability claim, for instance if a motorcycle wobbles at high speeds.
- The government entity responsible for overseeing the safety of an intersection or street, for example if there a sign that makes someone crossing the street or on the side of the road difficult to see from a driver's perspective.
In some cases, we can hold various parties at-fault. For example, if a drunk driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, we may be able to help you seek compensation from the driver and the municipal body responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will look into every possible to blame party in your accident in order to win you fair compensation you deserve. This is particularly important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
What if I Am Partially to Blame for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in O'Fallon, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. In a comparative fault state, you might still get compensation for your injuries, but it will be lowered based on the your portion of the blame for the accident. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder determines you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, under 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would be barred from recovering any compensation if most of the accident was your fault.
Trying to shift responsibility onto you is a common tactic insurance companies use to avoid paying out claims. Your O'Fallon, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to combat those stunts and get you the financial recovery you deserve.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in O'Fallon, MO Do for Me?
Your O'Fallon, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will employ our legal skill to get justice for you and your family. When you hire us, we start investigating immediately. We also give you a personalized, client-based experience where you know exactly where your case is at. In addition, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all evidence to help with your claim, including eyewitness dispositions, photographs, police reports and more.
- Work in tandem with our network of O'Fallon, MO wreck experts to help ascertain accountability for your injuries.
- Work with our network of O'Fallon, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can spend your energy on healing.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury when the insurance company will not be fair in negotiations.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That will vary depending on the particulars of your injury, the gravity of your injuries and the expertise of your O'Fallon, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you recover compensation for:
- Property damage, for example damage to your car
- Lost wages from time spent recovering
- Lowered earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical costs, for instance:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up visits
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your O'Fallon, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your O'Fallon, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Check out the links below to find out what other services we offer in O'Fallon, MO:
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
O'Fallon, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident because of someone else's recklessness, your O'Fallon, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight for you to get you the compensation you are owed. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. Our O'Fallon, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side until you get justice for your injuries. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in O'Fallon, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.