Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Wellsville, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Evaluation | Wellsville, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Wellsville, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause inconceivable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has devoted their careers to battling against large insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to fight for your your rights on your behalf, hold the people that hurt you accountable and secure you the full compensation you need to truly recover. Call a Wellsville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Wellsville, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that, in the United States in 2019, 6,205 non-passengers were killed in car accidents and 76,000 were injured.
According to reporting from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in crashes and 1,314 pedestrians were hurt.
According to data from the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers were killed in accidents and 3,138 were hurt.
Do Pedestrians Always Have the Right of Way in Wellsville, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must observe according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When traffic signals are not present, vehicles must stop when a pedestrian is halfway across the road.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden run in front of a car in a way that a driver will not be able to see them in time.
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a street where a overhead pedestrian crossing has been implemented.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cut across adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
who knows how to apply Missouri or Illinois law to your injury claim. Reach out to a pedestrian accident lawyer in Wellsville, MO today at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Wellsville, MO?
That can be any one or a variety of parties. Some of the people, companies and organizations we can seek compensation from include:
- The driver, for example if they were driving drowsy, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a negligent way.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer, vendor or mechanic in a product liability case, for example if an SUV is prone to rolling over.
- The government entity who are charged with overseeing the safety of an intersection or street, for example if there a sign that makes a pedestrian difficult to see from a driver's perspective.
In some cases, we can hold various parties at-fault. For example, if a drowsy driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, you may be able to get a financial recovery from the driver and the government agency who were supposed to keep the area safe for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will explore every possible cause of your accident your accident in order to get you the great financial recovery you are entitled to. This is particularly important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
What if I Am Partially to Blame for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Wellsville, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's known as a "comparative negligence" rule. That means that you may still collect compensation for your damages, but it will be reduced depending on the your portion of the blame for the accident. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get 1% of your damages. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would be barred from recovering anything if you were more than 50% responsible.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative fault to lessen your payout, or avoid reimbursing you altogether. Your Wellsville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to resist those stunts and get you the financial recovery you deserve.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Wellsville, MO Help With My Case?
Your Wellsville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will use our legal experience to level the playing field. When you hire us, we start investigating immediately. We work to give you a personalized, client-based experience where you know exactly where your case is at. On top of that, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Acquire all evidence to help with your claim, including eyewitness testimony, pictures, police reports and more.
- Work in concert with our network of Wellsville, MO accident experts to help ascertain accountability in your claim.
- Work in concert with our network of Wellsville, MO medical experts to exactly value your damages.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can spend your energy on healing.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury when we cannot get a fair financial recovery in negotiations.
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Recover?
That will vary depending on the individual circumstances of your injury, the scope of your damages and the talent and drive of your Wellsville, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you collect a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, for instance damage to your vehicle
- Wage loss if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Decreased earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical costs, like:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Wellsville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Wellsville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the following links to find out what other services we offer in Wellsville, MO:
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Wellsville, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you care about was hurt in an accident because of someone else's carelessness, your Wellsville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight on your behalf to get you the compensation you are entitled to. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. Our Wellsville, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side until the responsible parties are held accountable. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Wellsville, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.