Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Washington, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Evaluation | Washington, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Washington, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause inconceivable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has dedicated their careers to battling against large insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to fight for justice on your behalf, hold the people that hurt you responsible and secure you the complete compensation you need to truly recover. Get in touch with a Washington, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Washington, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that, nationwide in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian fatalities and over 76,000 injuries.
According to reporting from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in accidents and 1,314 non-passengers suffered injuries.
According to reporting from the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians were killed in collisions and 3,138 were injured.
Do Pedestrians Always Have the Right of Way in Washington, MO?
While drivers of cars, trucks and motorcycles owe everyone else on the Washington, MO roads a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles must stop when a pedestrian is approaching the halfway point in the road.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly run in front of a car in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, they must wait for vehicles to pass before stopping.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a overhead pedestrian crossing has been implemented.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cross between adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's important to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in Washington, MO in your corner who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer in Washington, MO today at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Washington, MO?
That can be any one or a variety of parties. Some of the parties we can seek compensation from include:
- The driver, for instance if they were running a red light, or otherwise driving negligently.
- A car manufacturer, vendor or mechanic in a product liability case, for example if a motorcycle wobbles at high speeds.
- The public body responsible for keeping a certain area safe, for example if there are malfunctioning traffic lights.
In some cases, we can hold various entities liable. For example, if a drowsy driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, you may be able to get a financial recovery from the driver and the public entity who were supposed to keep the area secure for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will explore every possible contributing factor to your accident your accident in order to get you the best possible compensation you deserve. This is especially important if one party cannot pay all of your damages, and the rest exceeds your underinsured motorist coverage.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Washington, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. That means that you might still collect compensation for your compensation, but it will be decreased depending on the percentage of fault you share for the accident. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder determines you were 40% at fault, you would only receive $60,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from anything if you bear over half of the liability for the accident.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative negligence to lessen your payout, or avoid reimbursing you entirely. Your Washington, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to combat those stunts and get you the compensation you are owed.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Washington, MO Help With My Case?
Your Washington, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will use our legal skill to get justice for you and your loved ones. When you hire us, we will immediately work to identify who is liable for your injuries. We also give you all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family. In addition, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Gather all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, such as eyewitness dispositions, security footage, police reports and more.
- Work with our network of Washington, MO accident experts to help determine accountability for your injuries.
- Work with our network of Washington, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can spend your energy on healing.
- Stand up to insurance companies who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when we cannot get a fair financial recovery in negotiations.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That will vary depending on the specifics of your case, the severity of your injuries and the talent and drive of your Washington, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you recover a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, for instance damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Decreased earning potential if your injuries have permanent effects on your ability to complete tasks at your job
- Medical costs, such as:
- Urgent care visits
- Subsequent doctors' appointments
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Washington, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Washington, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the these links to see what other services we offer in Washington, MO:
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
Washington, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a family member was harmed in an accident that was not their fault, your Washington, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight for you to get you the compensation you are entitled to. You do not have to go it alone when someone else turns your life upside down. Our Washington, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side until you get justice for your injuries. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Washington, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.