Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Holts Summit, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Review | Holts Summit, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Holts Summit, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause unthinkable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has dedicated their careers to battling against large insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to defend your rights, hold the person or organization that hurt you accountable and win you the fair compensation you need to truly heal. Get in touch with a Holts Summit, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Holts Summit, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that, in the United States in 2019, 6,205 pedestrians were killed and 76,000 were injured.
According to reporting from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in collisions and 1,314 non-passengers were injured.
According to reporting from the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians died in collisions and 3,138 sustained injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Holts Summit, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe everyone else on the Holts Summit, MO roads a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When traffic signals are not present, vehicles should stop when a pedestrian is approaching the halfway point in the road.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden run in front of a car in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a road where a pedestrian bridge has been provided.
- In both states, you cannot cut between adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
As pedestrian laws in Missouri and Illinois are relatively complex, it's crucial to seek out a pedestrian accident lawyer in Holts Summit, MO as soon as possible if you were harmed while crossing the street. Call a pedestrian accident lawyer in Holts Summit, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Holts Summit, MO?
That depends on the specifics of your case. Some of the parties commonly found to blame include:
- The driver, for example if they were driving distracted, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a negligent manner.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability claim, for instance if a car's brakes stop working.
- The public body who are charged with keeping a certain area safe, for example if there is poor lighting at night.
In some cases, we can hold various entities at-fault. For example, if a drunk driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, we may be able to help you get a financial recovery from the driver and the municipal entity responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will conduct a full investigation into your accident in order to win you full compensation you are entitled to. This is particularly important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
What if I Am Partially to Blame for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Holts Summit, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's known as a "comparative negligence" rule. In either state, you will collect compensation for the share of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if the sum of your damages is $100,000, but the fact finder determines you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get 1% of your damages. However, in Illinois, under 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from anything for your damages if you bear over half of the liability for the accident.
Attempting to move accountability onto you is a common tactic insurance companies use to devalue claims. Your Holts Summit, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will handle the insurance adjuster and make sure you are not manipulated by a callous insurance company.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Holts Summit, MO Help With My Case?
Your Holts Summit, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will employ our legal expertise to get justice for you and your loved ones. When you hire us, we start investigating immediately. We work to constantly let you know the current status of claim so you are not left in doubt. On top of that, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Gather all relevant evidence, such as eyewitness dispositions, pictures, police records and more.
- Work with our network of Holts Summit, MO wreck experts to help ascertain liability for your injuries.
- Work in concert with our network of Holts Summit, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can focus on healing.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight to trial when we cannot get the settlement offer you deserve in mediation.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That will vary depending on the particulars of your case, the severity of your injuries and the experience and knowledge of your Holts Summit, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can collect a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, such as damage to your car
- Lost wages from time spent recovering
- Decreased earning potential if your injuries result in disability
- Medical expenses, for instance:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Holts Summit, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Holts Summit, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the following links to discover what other services we offer in Holts Summit, MO:
Holts Summit, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you care about was hurt in an accident that was not their fault, your Holts Summit, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. We take all of our client's cases in Holts Summit, MO personally and will stand by your side throughout your claim. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Holts Summit, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.