Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Centralia, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Centralia, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Centralia, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause unimaginable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team serves the the injured and vulnerable throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by providing them with the skillful legal representation that large insurance companies have access to. We are here to defend your rights, hold the people that hurt you responsible and secure you the complete compensation you need to truly heal. Call a Centralia, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Centralia, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that, nationwide in 2019, 6,205 pedestrians were killed and 76,000 were injured.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in collisions and 1,314 non-passengers were hurt.
According to the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers were killed in collisions and 3,138 sustained injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Centralia, MO?
While drivers of cars, trucks and motorcycles owe everyone else on the Centralia, MO roads a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must follow according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When there are no traffic signals, vehicles are required to stop when a pedestrian is halfway across the street.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly leave a curb in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a overhead pedestrian crossing has been placed.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cut between adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
As pedestrian laws in Missouri and Illinois are relatively complicated, it's crucial to seek out a pedestrian accident lawyer in Centralia, MO right away if you were harmed while crossing the street. Get in touch with a pedestrian accident lawyer in Centralia, MO today at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Centralia, MO?
That will vary based on the exact causes of your injuries. Some of the entities we can seek compensation from include:
- The driver, for instance if they were running a red light, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a careless way.
- A car manufacturer, dealer or mechanic in a product liability claim, for instance if an SUV is prone to rolling over.
- The public body who are charged with overseeing the security of an intersection or road, for example if there is poor lighting at night.
In some cases, multiple parties may share accountability. For example, if a distracted driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, we may be able to help you make a claim against the driver and the public body who were supposed to keep the area safe for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will look into every possible at-fault party in your accident in order to win you fair compensation you are entitled to. This is extremely important if one party cannot pay all of your damages, and the rest exceeds your underinsured motorist coverage.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Centralia, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's referred to as a "comparative negligence" rule. In a comparative fault state, you will collect compensation for the part of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if the sum of your damages is $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you were 40% at fault, you would only receive $60,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get 1% of your damages. However, in Illinois, pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would be prohibited from recovering anything for your damages if you bear over half of the liability for the accident.
Attempting to shift fault onto you is a common deception insurance companies use to avoid paying out claims. Your Centralia, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to fight back against those tricks and get you the financial recovery you are owed.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Centralia, MO Help With My Case?
Your Centralia, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will utilize our legal knowledge to level the playing field. When you hire us, we will immediately work to determine who is liable for your injuries. We work to constantly let you know the current status of claim so you are not left in the dark. Additionally, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Gather all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, such as eyewitness dispositions, security footage, police reports and more.
- Work in tandem with our network of Centralia, MO accident experts to help ascertain fault in your claim.
- Work in concert with our network of Centralia, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can spend your energy on recovering.
- Stand up to insurance adjusters who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case to trial when the insurance adjuster will not be fair in mediation.
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Receive?
That will vary depending on the individual circumstances of your case, the significance of your injuries and the skill of your Centralia, MO injury claim lawyer. With our assistance you can collect a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, such as damage to your vehicle
- Wage loss from time spent recovering
- Diminished earning potential if your injuries have permanent effects on your ability to complete tasks at your job
- Medical costs, such as:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up visits
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
Your Centralia, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Centralia, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Check out the following links to see what other services we offer in Centralia, MO:
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Centralia, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a loved one was harmed in an accident that was not their fault, your Centralia, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight for you to get you the compensation you are entitled to. You should not have to suffer because of someone else's mistakes. We take all of our client's cases in Centralia, MO personally and will stand by your side until the responsible parties are held accountable. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Centralia, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.