Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Centralia, MO
Centralia, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Centralia, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Centralia, MO. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of fellowship and excitement. However, motorcycle accidents are especially dangerous in Centralia, MO. Injuries sustained in motorcycle crashes can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of anxiety. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, Halvorsen Klote's Centralia, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will help you get your life back on track. Our experience and client-centered approach will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Centralia, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation. We serve clients throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Centralia, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury claims in Centralia, MO:
Centralia, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following represents the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
Other Centralia, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks shows how dangerous motorcyclists can be when other people don't pay attention on the road:
- Even though motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are estimated to be 41 percent successful at stopping motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while .068 percent of motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when visibility is lower.
While some drivers give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the lion's share of bikers value their safety. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that causes someone else injuries. If you were hurt because another Centralia, MO driver was negligent, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best results in your case.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Centralia, MO?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving contributes to more traffic-related accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving contributed to 34 percent of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than a motorcycle, road hazards such as ruts in the road, inclement weather, potholes, and signs that limit visibility create a heightened risk. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company responsible for maintaining the road.
Over 40 percent of motorcycle accidents that lead to death occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're looking. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains scan for cars but has not been sufficiently trained to scan for motorcycles.
Thirty-three percent of motorcycle crash deaths involve speeding. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, they can also be caused by car or truck drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as other vehicles, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like rolling off the throttle, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to slow down in time.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Centralia, MO Help Me?
Most seek out our services have never had to hire a lawyer before, and are unsure the process of receiving compensation and how much their injuries are worth. A Halvorsen Klote Centralia, MO motorcycle accidents attorney be your legal advocate by:
- Conducting an extensive investigation into your casein order to obtain important evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all at-fault parties. We use our expertise and network of Centralia, MO accident experts to determine who we need to make a claim against and for how much.
- Offering sound legal counsel as your case progresses, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Centralia, MO.
- Letting you know what's going on in your case so that you know we are giving it our full attention. We take pride in our ability to make our clients feel valued.
- Leveling the playing field against wealthy insurance companies so you make get every penny you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Handling the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can focus on what matters most: recovering from your injuries and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Make sure that you receive maximum compensation for all of your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, other expenses related to your injury and less tangible damages like pain and suffering.
When you're injured in a motorcycle accident because of somebody else's negligence, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Centralia, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you get the recovery you deserve.
Centralia, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. We've dedicated our practice to helping those Centralia, MO residents who have been treated unfairly. For a free case review with an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.