Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Centralia, MO
Centralia, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Centralia, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Centralia, MO. There's no comparing the sense of freedom and excitement motorcyclists feel when riding their bikes. However, too many other drivers on the Centralia, MO roads either don't respect the safety of motorcyclists or are actively hostile against them. Injuries sustained in motorcycle crashes can cause immediate and devastating financial, physical and emotional burdens. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, Halvorsen Klote's Centralia, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will help you get your life back on track. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized environment will help you feel at ease and confident that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict at trial. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Centralia, MO today at 866-382-4167 or get in touch with us online for a free case evaluation. We serve clients throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Centralia, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury claims in Centralia, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Centralia, Missouri and Illinois?
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following represents the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More Centralia, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks is stark:
- Even though motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to statistics compiled by the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 37 percent effective in stopping fatal injuries to motorcycle operators.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, on weekends when people are more likely to be intoxicated and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some motorists have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the bulk of bikers are vigilant about theirs and others' safety. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't look out for bikers or don't want to share the road. If you were hurt because another Centralia, MO driver did not look out for your safety, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Centralia, MO?
Driving Under the Influence
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of motor vehicle accidents, and in the U.S. it kills roughly one person every three quarters of an hour. Drunk driving was found to be involved in 34 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, they are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as uneven pavement, slippery surfaces, potholes, and animals. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was supposed to verify the road was safe for vehicle traffic.
Forty-two percent of motorcycle accidents that lead to death occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
Thirty-three percent of fatal motorcycle accidents had speeding as a contributing factor. While some bikers are known to speed, they can also be caused by passenger car drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists downshift to break, preventing the break lights from coming on. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to slow down in time.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Centralia, MO Help Me?
Most who come to see us have never been in a situation like this before, and are unsure what the procedure is for receiving compensation and how much their injuries are worth. A Halvorsen Klote Centralia, MO motorcycle accidents attorney be your legal advocate by:
- Fully investigating your accidentso that we can obtain valuable evidence and determine liability. You will have the advantage of our experience and network of Centralia, MO collision experts to ascertain who needs to be held accountable.
- Providing you with sound legal advice throughout the duration of your claim, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for you, your future, and your Centralia, MO loved ones.
- Making sure you always know how your case is progression so that you are not left wondering. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make get every penny you deserve. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Managing the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can focus on what matters most: reaching your best possible medical recovery and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Fight hard for you so that you get maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, chiropractic appointments, prescription and more, money you lost from not working, anything you paid out-of-pocket and pain and suffering.
When you're following all the rules and end up injured because somebody else did something wrong, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The Centralia, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are taken care of.
Other cases we handle in Centralia, MO include:
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Centralia, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Centralia, MO did not do the right thing. To speak to a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.