Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Barnhart, MO
Barnhart, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Barnhart, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Barnhart, MO. There's no doubting the feeling of freedom and excitement motorcyclists feel when riding their motorcycles. However, Barnhart, MO motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries experienced in motorcycle wrecks can cause immediate and devastating financial, physical and emotional burdens. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, trust in the Barnhart, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to get you the best possible financial recovery for your injuries. Our experience and client-centered approach will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict at trial. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Barnhart, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Barnhart, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no upfront costs, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury cases in Barnhart, MO:
Barnhart, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Nationwide, in 2020 motorcycle wrecks caused 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, based on info from the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In St. Louis City and St. Louis County alone, there were 321 crashes, which lead to 240 injuries and 9 deaths.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle accidents, which caused 2,404 injuries, 867 serious injuries and 152 deaths.
Other Barnhart, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a deeper look into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Even though motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of total injuries, according to research from the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent effective at stopping fatal injuries for motorcycle passengers.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries outpaced death by a factor of over 100, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illuminating why motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when people are more likely to be intoxicated and after sunset.
While some motorists give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the vast majority of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't look out for bikers or don't want to share the road. If another driver in the Barnhart, MO area injured you, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you recover the money you are entitled to.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Barnhart, MO?
Driving Under the Influence
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of motor vehicle accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving contributed to over three-tenths of motorcycle fatalities.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than a motorcycle, road hazards such as uneven pavement, slippery surfaces, potholes, and poorly placed signs pose an increased risk. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the liable party may be a government entity or construction company.
Over 40 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
A third of motorcycle fatalities involve speeding. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, it often is the fault of car or truck drivers who force a biker to take evasive action.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. Still, just as in a crash between two cars, the driver behind the other has a responsibility to slow down in time.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Barnhart, MO?
Most seek out our services have never been in a situation like this before, and are unsure how to go about filing a claim and how much full compensation really looks like. A Halvorsen Klote Barnhart, MO motorcycle accidents attorney represent with the highest-quality legal advocacy by:
- Carrying out a complete investigation into your claimin order to obtain the necessary evidence and identify all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our experience and network of Barnhart, MO accident experts to determine who needs to be held accountable.
- Providing you with sound legal advice as your case progresses, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Barnhart, MO.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the status of your claim so that you are not left wondering. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters know that the average person doesn't know injury law. We founded our practice on the idea accident victims and their families should have access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Managing all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can spend your time on what matters most: healing and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Make sure that you receive a full financial recovery for everything you are owed, including medical expenses, money you lost from not working, other expenses related to your injury and less tangible damages like pain and suffering.
When you're injured in a motorcycle accident because of somebody else's negligence, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Barnhart, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are taken care of.
Barnhart, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Barnhart, MO did not do the right thing. To speak to a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.