Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Barnhart, MO
Barnhart, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Barnhart, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Barnhart, MO. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, too many other drivers on the Barnhart, MO roads either don't look out for motorcyclists or are actively hostile against them. Injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of anxiety. If you were injured by a negligent driver, trust in the Barnhart, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to get you full compensation for your injuries. Our experience and client-centered approach will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict from a jury. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Barnhart, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a complimentary case review. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Barnhart, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury cases in Barnhart, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Barnhart, Missouri and Illinois?
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following represents the total crashes, injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
Other Barnhart, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks shows how dangerous motorcyclists can be when other people don't pay attention on the road:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles make up only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of total injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 37 percent effective in stopping fatal injuries to motorcycle operators.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, meaning motorcycles are more dangerous to drive than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when visibility is lower.
While some people give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the lion's share of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't look out for bikers or don't want to share the road. If you were hurt because another Barnhart, MO driver was negligent, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you recover the money you are entitled to.
What Are Common Causes of Barnhart, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of motor vehicle accidents, and in the U.S. it kills roughly one person every three quarters of an hour. Drunk driving was a factor in over a third of of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, motorcycle are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as uneven pavement, slippery surfaces, potholes, and debris. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the at-fault party may be a government entity or construction company.
Almost half of of fatal motorcycle crashes occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are scanning for cars, but don't register motorcycles at cars.
A third of motorcycle crash deaths involve speeding. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, they can also be caused by passenger car drivers who force a biker to take evasive action.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than other vehicles, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. Still, just as in a crash between two cars or a car and a truck, the driver behind the other vehicle is almost always at complete fault for the accident.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Barnhart, MO?
Most call us have never had an injury before, and don't know what the procedure is for filing a claim and how much their injuries are worth. A Halvorsen Klote Barnhart, MO motorcycle accidents attorney be your legal advocate by:
- Conducting an extensive investigation into your claimso that we can acquire valuable evidence and identify all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our experience and network of Barnhart, MO crash experts to ascertain who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal counsel as we go back and forth with the insurance company, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for you and your Barnhart, MO family.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you are not left wondering. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Leveling the playing field against powerful insurance companies so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters know that the average person doesn't know injury law. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Managing the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can spend your energy on what matters most: reaching your best possible medical recovery and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Make sure that you get the best possible financial recovery for all of your damages, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, lost wages, other expenses related to your injury and noneconomic damages.
When you're injured through no fault of your own, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The Barnhart, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are taken care of.
Other cases we handle in Barnhart, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Barnhart, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. We've committed our practice to making a difference in the lives of Barnhart, MO individuals and families who have been treated unfairly. To speak to an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.