Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Winfield, MO
Winfield, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Winfield, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Winfield, MO. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, too many other drivers on the Winfield, MO roads either don't look out for motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries suffered in motorcycle crashes can be ruinous and have long-term effects. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, trust in the Winfield, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our dedication and client-centered approach will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict in court. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Winfield, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a free consultation. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Winfield, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury cases in Winfield, MO:
Winfield, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
In the United States, in 2020 motorcycle accidents resulted in 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, there were 2,177 motorcycle accidents, resulting in 1,658 injuries and 118 fatalities, according to the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the St. Louis metropolitan area, there were 321 crashes, which lead to 240 injuries and 9 deaths.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle crashes, which resulted in 2,404 injuries, 867 "A-list" injuries and 152 fatalities.
Other Winfield, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks is stark:
- Despite the fact that .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycles account for 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to research from the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are estimated to be 41 percent effective at preventing fatal injuries for motorcycle passengers.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when visibility is lower.
While some motorists don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the lion's share of bikers are vigilant about theirs and others' safety. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that causes someone else injuries. If you were hurt because another Winfield, MO driver did not look out for your safety, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you recover the money you are entitled to.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Winfield, MO?
Driving Under the Influence
Drunk driving contributes to more traffic-related accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills roughly one person every 45 minutes. Drunk driving was a factor in 34 percent of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, road hazards such as ruts in the road, slick surfaces, potholes, and signs that limit visibility pose a heightened risk. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the at-fault party may be a government entity or construction company.
Forty-two percent of motorcycle accidents that cause death occur at intersections when a car or truck turning left hits a motorcyclist going straight. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're looking. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains are scanning for cars, but don't register motorcycles at cars.
Thirty-three percent of fatal motorcycle accidents had speeding as a contributing factor. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, it often is the fault of passenger car drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than other vehicles, and many motorcyclists roll off the throttle to come to a stop, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Winfield, MO Help Me?
Most call us have never had to hire a lawyer before, and are unsure the process of receiving compensation and the value of the injuries. A Halvorsen Klote Winfield, MO motorcycle accidents attorney be your legal advocate by:
- Performing an exhaustive investigation into your accidentin order to gather valuable evidence and identify all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our expertise and network of Winfield, MO collision experts to determine the value of your injuries and who needs to be held accountable.
- Providing you with sound legal counsel as we negotiate with the insurance company, so you can make the best decision for you, your future, and your Winfield, MO loved ones.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the status of your claim so that you are not left wondering. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Leveling the playing field against large insurance companies so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters will sometimes flat out lie to you and mislead to you make you think your claim is worth less than it really is. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Overseeing all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your energy on what matters most: recovering from your injuries and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Make sure that you get the best possible financial recovery for all of your damages, including your urgent care bills, procedures, chiropractic appointments, prescription and more, money you lost from not working, anything you paid out-of-pocket and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're injured through no fault of your own, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Winfield, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you do not have to go through this alone.
Other cases we handle in Winfield, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Winfield, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've devoted our practice to making a difference in the lives of Winfield, MO residents who have been treated wrongly. To speak to a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.