Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Florissant, MO
Florissant, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Florissant, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Florissant, MO. Riding a motorcycle can give you a great mixture of peace and excitement. However, too many other drivers on the Florissant, MO roads either don't pay enough attention to motorcyclists or are actively hostile against them. Injuries experienced in motorcycle accidents can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of doubt. If you were injured by a negligent driver, trust in the Florissant, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to get you full compensation for your injuries. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized atmosphere will help you feel at ease and confident that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict at trial. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Florissant, MO today at 866-382-4167 or get in touch with us online for a free consultation. We serve clients throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Florissant, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury claims in Florissant, MO:
Florissant, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Across the country, in 2020 motorcycle crashes lead to 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, there were 2,177 motorcycle accidents, resulting in 1,658 injuries and 118 fatalities, based on research compiled in the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the Greater St. Louis area, there were 321 crashes, which lead to 240 injuries and 9 deaths.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle crashes, which caused 2,404 injuries, 867 catastrophic injuries and 152 fatalities.
More Florissant, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a deeper look into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Even though motorcycles make up only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of all injuries, according to the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are estimated to be 41 percent successful at stopping motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, meaning motorcycles are more dangerous to drive or ride than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when people are more likely to be intoxicated and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some people don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the vast majority of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that causes someone else injuries. If you were hurt because another Florissant, MO driver was negligent, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best results in your case.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Florissant, MO?
Driving Under the Influence
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was a factor in over three-tenths of motorcycle fatalities.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than one with 2 wheels, road hazards such as ruts in the road, inclement weather, potholes, and animals create an increased risk. Even if you were not hit by another person, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company responsible for maintaining the road.
Over 40 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur at intersections when a car or truck turning left hits a motorcyclist going straight. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is due to something called "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains scan for cars but has not been sufficiently trained to scan for motorcycles.
Over 30 percent of motorcycle fatalities involve speeding. While some bikers are known to speed, they can also be caused by enclosed-vehicle motorists who force a biker to take evasive action.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as other vehicles, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. Still, just as in a crash between two cars or a car and a truck, the driver behind the other vehicle is almost always at complete fault for the accident.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Florissant, MO Help Me?
Most who come to see us have never been in a situation like this before, and are unsure what the procedure is for receiving compensation and what a full financial recovery for their injuries is. A Halvorsen Klote Florissant, MO motorcycle accidents attorney represent with the highest-quality legal advocacy by:
- Conducting an extensive investigation into your claimso that we can obtain important evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all at-fault parties. We use our expertise and network of Florissant, MO accident experts to ascertain the precise cause of your injuries.
- Offering sound legal advice throughout the duration of your claim, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for you and your Florissant, MO family.
- Making sure you always know how your case is progression so that you are never left in the dark. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make get every penny you are owed. Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of people who do not know the law. We founded our practice on the principle accident victims and their families should have quality legal representation that gets results.
- Handling all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your time on what matters most: reaching your best possible medical recovery and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Make sure that you get a full financial recovery for all of your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses and pain and suffering.
When you're following all the rules and end up injured because somebody else did something wrong, it immediately disrupts your life. The Florissant, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you do not have to go through this alone.
Other cases we handle in Florissant, MO include:
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Florissant, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Florissant, MO did not do the right thing. For a free consultation with an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.