Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Union, MO
Union, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Union, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Union, MO. Riding a motorcycle can give you a great mixture of peace and excitement. However, too many other drivers on the Union, MO roads either don't respect the safety of motorcyclists or are actively hostile against them. Injuries experienced in motorcycle wrecks can cause immediate and devastating financial, physical and emotional hardships. If you were injured by a negligent driver, Halvorsen Klote's Union, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will get you the best possible financial recovery for your injuries. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized environment will help you feel at ease and confident that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict in court. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Union, MO today at 866-382-4167 or get in touch with us online for a complimentary consultation. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Union, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no upfront costs, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury claims in Union, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Union, Missouri and Illinois?
Nationwide, in 2020 motorcycle accidents resulted in 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, there were 2,177 motorcycle accidents, resulting in 1,658 injuries and 118 fatalities, based on research compiled in the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In St. Louis City and St. Louis County alone, there were 321 crashes, which caused 240 people becoming injured and 9 people passing away.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle crashes, which caused 2,404 injuries, 867 severely debilitating injuries and 152 deaths.
Other Union, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks shows how dangerous motorcyclists can be when other people don't pay attention on the road:
- Even though .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycles account for 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to research from the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are estimated to be 37 percent successful in preventing fatal injuries to motorcycle operators.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after dark.
While some drivers don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the vast majority of bikers are vigilant about theirs and others' safety. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that gets people hurt. If you were hurt because another Union, MO driver was negligent, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you recover the money you are entitled to.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Union, MO?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving contributes to more traffic-related accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was found to be involved in 34 percent of motorcycle fatalities.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than a motorcycle, motorcycle are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as uneven pavement, slippery surfaces, potholes, and signs that limit visibility. Even if you were not hit by another person, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was in charge of ensuring the road's safety.
Almost half of of motorcycle accidents that lead to death occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
Over 30 percent of fatal motorcycle accidents were caused at least in part by speeding. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, it often is the fault of passenger car drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than other vehicles, and many motorcyclists downshift to slow down, preventing the break lights from coming on. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to slow down in time.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Union, MO Help Me?
Most of our clients have never had an injury before, and don't know how to go about receiving compensation and how much their injuries are worth. A Halvorsen Klote Union, MO motorcycle accidents attorney represent with the highest-quality legal advocacy by:
- Conducting a complete investigation into your claimin order to obtain the necessary evidence and determine liability. We use our expertise and network of Union, MO crash experts to ascertain the precise cause of your injuries.
- Offering sound legal advice throughout the duration of your claim, so you can make the best decision for you, your future, and your Union, MO loved ones.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the progress of your claim so that you are never left in the dark. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Leveling the playing field against wealthy insurance companies so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters know that the average person doesn't know injury law. We founded our practice on the idea accident victims and their families should have quality legal representation that gets results.
- Managing all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can spend your time on what's important: reaching your best possible medical recovery and putting your life back together.
- Ensure that you receive maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including medical expenses, lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Union, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you do not have to go through this alone.
Other cases we handle in Union, MO include:
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Union, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. We've devoted our practice to helping those Union, MO individuals and families who have been treated unfairly. For a free consultation with an expert motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.