Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Union, MO
Union, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Union, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Union, MO. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of fellowship and exhilaration. However, Union, MO motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries sustained in motorcycle wrecks can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of anxiety. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, trust in the Union, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to help you get your life back on track. Our experience and client-centered approach will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Union, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a free case review. We serve clients throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Union, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury claims in Union, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Union, Missouri and Illinois?
Nationwide, in 2020 motorcycle crashes resulted in 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, there were 2,177 motorcycle accidents, resulting in 1,658 injuries and 118 fatalities, according to the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the Greater St. Louis area, there were 321 crashes, which lead to 240 people becoming injured and 9 people passing away.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle accidents, which caused 2,404 injuries, 867 serious injuries and 152 deaths.
More Union, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are alarming, but|a deeper look into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Despite the fact that .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycles account for 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to research from the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent effective at preventing motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illuminating why motorcycles are more dangerous to drive or ride than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when visibility is lower.
While some motorists give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the bulk of bikers are vigilant about theirs and others' safety. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't look out for bikers or don't want to share the road. If you were hurt because another Union, MO driver was negligent, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you recover the money you are entitled to.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Union, MO?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately one person every 45 minutes. Drunk driving was a factor in over three-tenths of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than a motorcycle, they are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as ruts in the road, slippery surfaces, potholes, and animals. Even if you were not hit by another person, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company responsible for maintaining the road.
Forty-two percent of motorcycle accidents that cause death occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains scan for cars but has not been sufficiently trained to scan for motorcycles.
Thirty-three percent of motorcycle fatalities were caused at least in part by speeding. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, it often is the fault of enclosed-vehicle motorists who force a biker to take evasive action.
Motorcycles have a smaller breaking distance than cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists downshift to come to a stop, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. Still, just as in a crash between two cars or a car and a truck, the trailing has a responsibility to slow down in time.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Union, MO?
Most seek out our services have never been in a situation like this before, and don't know the process of receiving compensation and the value of the claim. A Halvorsen Klote Union, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will help your case by:
- Fully investigating your claimin order to acquire the necessary evidence and identify all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our legal knowledge and network of Union, MO crash experts to determine who we need to make a claim against and for how much.
- Offering sound legal counsel throughout the duration of your claim, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Union, MO.
- Making sure you always know how your case is progression so that you are not left wondering. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Leveling the playing field against large insurance companies so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters will sometimes flat out lie to you and mislead to you make you think your claim is worth less than it really is. We founded our practice on the idea accident victims and their families should have access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Handling the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can focus on what's important: reaching your best possible medical recovery and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Ensure that you get the best possible financial recovery for all of your damages, including medical expenses, money you lost from not working, anything you paid out-of-pocket and pain and suffering.
When you're injured through no fault of your own, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The Union, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you do not have to go through this alone.
Union, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. We've devoted our practice to helping those Union, MO residents who have been treated unfairly. To speak to a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.