Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Oakland, MO
Oakland, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Oakland, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Oakland, MO. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, motorcycle accidents are especially dangerous in Oakland, MO. Injuries suffered in motorcycle crashes can be ruinous and have long-term effects. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, Halvorsen Klote's Oakland, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized environment will help you feel at ease and confident that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict from a jury. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Oakland, MO today at 866-382-4167 or get in touch with us online for a complimentary case review. We serve clients throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Oakland, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury cases in Oakland, MO:
Oakland, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Across the country, in 2020 motorcycle wrecks resulted in 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, there were 2,177 motorcycle accidents, resulting in 1,658 injuries and 118 fatalities, based on info from the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In St. Louis City and St. Louis County alone, there were 321 crashes, which resulted in 240 people becoming injured and 9 people passing away.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle accidents, which lead to 2,404 injuries, 867 debilitating injuries and 152 deaths.
Other Oakland, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are alarming, but|a deeper study into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Even though .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to statistics compiled by the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are estimated to be 37 percent effective in stopping fatal injuries to motorcycle operators.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while .068 percent of motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illuminating why motorcycles are more dangerous to drive than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when people are more likely to be drinking and after 6 P.M. when visibility is lower.
While some people don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the lion's share of bikers value their safety. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't look out for bikers or don't want to share the road. If another driver in the Oakland, MO area injured you, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Oakland, MO?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving contributes to more traffic-related accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over a third of of motorcycle fatalities.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, road hazards such as uneven pavement, inclement weather, potholes, and animals pose an increased risk. Even if you were not hit by another person, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was in charge of ensuring the road's safety.
Forty-two percent of motorcycle accidents that cause death occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're looking. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains scan for cars but has not been sufficiently trained to scan for motorcycles.
Thirty-three percent of fatal motorcycle accidents involve speeding. While some bikers are known to speed, it often is the fault of enclosed-vehicle motorists who force a biker to react quicker than they can safely do so.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than other vehicles, and many motorcyclists roll off the throttle to slow down, preventing the break lights from coming on. Still, just as in a crash between two cars or a car and a truck, the driver behind the other has a responsibility to slow down in time.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Oakland, MO?
Most of our clients have never had an injury before, and don't know what the procedure is for filing a claim and whether the insurance company is being fair. A Halvorsen Klote Oakland, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will immediately start working on your case by:
- Performing a complete investigation into your claimin order to acquire important evidence and identify all liable parties. We use our experience and network of Oakland, MO accident experts to ascertain how much your injuries are worth and who needs to be held responsible.
- Providing you with sound legal counsel as we negotiate with the insurance company, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for you, your future, and your Oakland, MO loved ones.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the status of your claim so that you are never left in the dark. We take pride in our ability to make our clients feel valued.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters will sometimes flat out lie to you and mislead to you make you think your claim is worth less than it really is. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones expert legal representation that gets results.
- Managing the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can focus on what's important: reaching your best possible medical recovery and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Make sure that you get a full financial recovery for everything you are owed, including medical expenses, lost wages, anything you paid out-of-pocket and pain and suffering.
When you're injured in a motorcycle accident because of somebody else's negligence, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Oakland, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you get the recovery you deserve.
Other cases we take on in Oakland, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Oakland, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've dedicated our practice to helping those Oakland, MO residents who have been treated wrongly. For a complimentary case review with a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.