Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Oakland, MO
Oakland, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Oakland, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Oakland, MO. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of brotherhood and thrill. However, motorcycle accidents are especially dangerous in Oakland, MO. Injuries sustained in motorcycle crashes can cause immediate and devastating financial, physical and emotional hardships. If you were injured by a negligent driver, trust in the Oakland, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to get you full compensation for your injuries. Our diligence and client-centered approach will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict from a jury. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Oakland, MO today at 866-382-4167 or get in touch with us online for a free consultation. We serve clients throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Oakland, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury claims in Oakland, MO:
Oakland, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Across the country, in 2020 motorcycle accidents caused 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, there were 2,177 motorcycle accidents, resulting in 1,658 injuries and 118 fatalities, according to the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the Greater St. Louis area, there were 321 crashes, which lead to 240 injuries and 9 deaths.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle crashes, which resulted in 2,404 injuries, 867 severely debilitating injuries and 152 fatalities.
More Oakland, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are alarming, but|a deeper look into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Even though motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are estimated to be 37 percent successful in stopping motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, meaning motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when people are more likely to be intoxicated and after dark.
While some people give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the vast majority of bikers value their safety. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or their wariness to share the road that gets people hurt. If you were hurt because another Oakland, MO driver did not look out for your safety, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best results in your case.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Oakland, MO?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was a factor in 34 percent of motorcycle fatalities.
Because motorcycles have less of a base than other vehicles, road hazards such as ruts in the road, slick surfaces, potholes, and animals create a heightened risk. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the at-fault party may be a government entity or construction company.
Almost 50 percent of motorcycle accidents that result in death occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're looking. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
Thirty-three percent of fatal motorcycle accidents had speeding as a contributing factor. While some bikers are known to speed, it often is the fault of enclosed-vehicle motorists who force a biker to embark on emergency falls.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists downshift to come to a stop, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to slow down in time.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Oakland, MO?
Most seek out our services have never had to hire a lawyer before, and are unsure how to go about filing a claim and whether the insurance company is being fair. A Halvorsen Klote Oakland, MO motorcycle accidents attorney be your legal advocate by:
- Fully investigating your casein order to acquire the necessary evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all at-fault parties. You will have the advantage of our legal knowledge and network of Oakland, MO accident experts to ascertain who we need to make a claim against and for how much.
- Offering sound legal counsel throughout the duration of your claim, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for you and your Oakland, MO family.
- Letting you know how your case is progression so that you are never left in the dark. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters will sometimes flat out lie to you and mislead to you make you think your claim is worth less than it really is. We founded our practice on the principle accident victims and their families should have expert legal representation that gets results.
- Handling all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your time on what's important: recovering from your injuries and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Fight hard for you so that you receive a full financial recovery for all of your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, anything you paid out-of-pocket and pain and suffering.
When you're injured through no fault of your own, it immediately disrupts your life. The Oakland, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you do not have to go through this alone.
Oakland, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Oakland, MO did not do the right thing. For a complimentary case evaluation with a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.