Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Imperial, MO
Imperial, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Imperial, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Imperial, MO. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, too many other drivers on the Imperial, MO roads either don't respect the safety of motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries sustained in motorcycle wrecks can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of anxiety. If you were injured by a negligent driver, Halvorsen Klote's Imperial, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will help you get your life back on track. Our experience and client-centered approach will help you feel at ease and confident that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict at trial. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Imperial, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Imperial, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury claims in Imperial, MO:
Imperial, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following represents the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More Imperial, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a deeper dive into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Even though motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are estimated to be 41 percent effective at preventing motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries were more common than fatalities by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, meaning motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when people are more likely to be intoxicated and after 6 P.M. when visibility is lower.
While some people give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the lion's share of bikers practice safety measures. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that causes someone else injuries. If another driver in the Imperial, MO area injured you, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Imperial, MO?
Driving Under the Influence
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of motor vehicle accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was a factor in over a third of of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than a motorcycle, they are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as uneven pavement, inclement weather, potholes, and poorly placed signs. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the responsible party may be a government entity or construction company.
Almost 50 percent of motorcycle accidents that result in death occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are scanning for cars, but don't register motorcycles at cars.
Thirty-three percent of fatal motorcycle accidents involve speeding. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, another culprit is enclosed-vehicle motorists driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists downshift to slow down, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to slow down in time.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Imperial, MO Do For My Case?
Most of our clients have never had to hire a lawyer before, and are unsure what the procedure is for receiving compensation and whether the insurance company is being fair. A Halvorsen Klote Imperial, MO motorcycle accidents attorney represent with the highest-quality legal advocacy by:
- Fully investigating your accidentso that we can acquire valuable evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all at-fault parties. You will have the advantage of our legal knowledge and network of Imperial, MO crash experts to ascertain who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal advice as we negotiate with the insurance company, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for you and your Imperial, MO family.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the status of your claim so that you are never left in the dark. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of people who do not know the law. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones expert legal representation that gets results.
- Managing all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your energy on what's important: healing and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Ensure that you receive maximum compensation for all of your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, anything you paid out-of-pocket and less tangible damages like pain and suffering.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Imperial, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you get the recovery you deserve.
Other cases we handle in Imperial, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Imperial, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've devoted our practice to helping those Imperial, MO individuals and families who have been treated wrongly. For a complimentary case evaluation with a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.