Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Nixa, MO
Nixa, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Nixa, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Nixa, MO. There's no doubting the sense of freedom and excitement motorcyclists can get from riding their motorcycles. However, too many other drivers on the Nixa, MO roads either don't respect the safety of motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries suffered in motorcycle wrecks can cause immediate and devastating financial, physical and emotional burdens. If you were injured by a negligent driver, Halvorsen Klote's Nixa, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized atmosphere will help you feel at ease and confident that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Nixa, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Nixa, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no upfront costs, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury cases in Nixa, MO:
Nixa, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following statistics are for the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More Nixa, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks is stark:
- Even though motorcycles make up only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of total injuries, according to the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 37 percent effective in stopping motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illuminating why motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some drivers give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the bulk of bikers value their safety. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't look out for bikers or don't want to share the road. If you were hurt because another Nixa, MO driver was negligent, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best possible financial recovery.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Nixa, MO?
DUIs or DWIs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving contributed to over three-tenths of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than a motorcycle, road hazards such as ruts in the road, slick surfaces, potholes, and gravel create a heightened risk. Even if you were not hit by another person, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was supposed to verify the road was safe for vehicle traffic.
Almost 50 percent of motorcycle accidents that cause death occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're looking. This is due to something called "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
Thirty-three percent of motorcycle fatalities involve speeding. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, another culprit is passenger car drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles have a smaller breaking distance than cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, preventing the break lights from coming on. Still, just as in a crash between two cars, the driver behind the other vehicle is almost always at complete fault for the accident.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Nixa, MO?
Most are looking to hire a personal injury before have never been in a situation like this before, and don't know what the procedure is for receiving compensation and the value of the injuries. A Halvorsen Klote Nixa, MO motorcycle accidents attorney be your legal advocate by:
- Performing an exhaustive investigation into your claimin order to gather important evidence and identify all liable parties. We use our legal knowledge and network of Nixa, MO collision experts to ascertain who needs to be held accountable.
- Providing you with sound legal advice as your case progresses, so you can make the best decision for you, your future, and your Nixa, MO loved ones.
- Making sure you always know how your case is progression so that you are not left wondering. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Leveling the playing field against powerful insurance companies so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We founded our practice on the idea accident victims and their families should have access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Overseeing all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can focus on what matters most: recovering from your injuries and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Ensure that you get the best possible financial recovery for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, money you lost from not working, anything you paid out-of-pocket and pain and suffering.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it immediately disrupts your life. The Nixa, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
Other cases we handle in Nixa, MO include:
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Nixa, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Nixa, MO did not do the right thing. To speak to an expert motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.