Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Fairview Heights, IL
Fairview Heights, IL Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Fairview Heights, IL Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Fairview Heights, IL. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, too many other drivers on the Fairview Heights, IL roads either don't respect the safety of motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries experienced in motorcycle crashes can cause immediate and devastating financial, physical and emotional burdens. If you were injured by a negligent driver, Halvorsen Klote's Fairview Heights, IL motorcycle accidents attorney team will help you get your life back on track. Our experience and client-centered approach will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict from a jury. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Fairview Heights, IL today at 866-382-4167 or get in touch with us online for a complimentary case evaluation. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Fairview Heights, IL works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we win your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury claims in Fairview Heights, IL:
Fairview Heights, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following represents the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More Fairview Heights, IL Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are startling, but|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks is stark:
- Even though motorcycles make up only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of all injuries, according to the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent successful at preventing motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, meaning motorcycles are more dangerous to drive than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after sunset.
While some drivers give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the vast majority of bikers are vigilant about theirs and others' safety. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that gets people hurt. If another driver in the Fairview Heights, IL area injured you, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best results in your case.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Fairview Heights, IL?
Driving Under the Influence
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over a third of of motorcycle fatalities.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, road hazards such as uneven pavement, slippery surfaces, potholes, and poorly placed signs pose an increased risk. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company responsible for maintaining the road.
Forty-two percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains are scanning for cars, but don't register motorcycles at cars.
Over 30 percent of motorcycle fatalities were caused at least in part by speeding. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, another culprit is enclosed-vehicle motorists driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as other vehicles, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like rolling off the throttle, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. Still, just as in a crash between two cars or a car and a truck, the trailing has a responsibility to slow down in time.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Fairview Heights, IL?
Most are looking to hire a personal injury before have never been in a situation like this before, and don't know how to go about filing a claim and how much full compensation really looks like. A Halvorsen Klote Fairview Heights, IL motorcycle accidents attorney will help your case by:
- Carrying out a full investigation into your claimin order to obtain valuable evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our expertise and network of Fairview Heights, IL collision experts to ascertain the precise cause of your injuries.
- Providing you with sound legal advice as your case progresses, so you can make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Fairview Heights, IL.
- Letting you know how your case is progression so that you are never left in the dark. We take pride in our ability to let our clients know that their case means something to us.
- Leveling the playing field against wealthy insurance companies so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters will sometimes flat out lie to you and mislead to you make you think your claim is worth less than it really is. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Managing the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can spend your energy on what matters most: healing and putting your life back together.
- Ensure that you receive maximum compensation for all of your damages, including your urgent care bills, procedures, chiropractic appointments, prescription and more, money you lost from not working, anything you paid out-of-pocket and less tangible damages like pain and suffering.
When you're injured in a motorcycle accident because of somebody else's negligence, it immediately disrupts your life. The Fairview Heights, IL motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you do not have to go through this alone.
Fairview Heights, IL Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Fairview Heights, IL did not do the right thing. For a free case review with a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.