Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Fairview Heights, IL
Fairview Heights, IL Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Fairview Heights, IL Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Fairview Heights, IL. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of camaraderie and excitement. However, too many other drivers on the Fairview Heights, IL roads either don't look out for motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries sustained in motorcycle crashes can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of anxiety. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, Halvorsen Klote's Fairview Heights, IL motorcycle accidents attorney team will hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our diligence and client-centered approach will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict from a jury. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Fairview Heights, IL today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a complimentary consultation. We serve clients throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Fairview Heights, IL only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no upfront costs, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury claims in Fairview Heights, IL:
Fairview Heights, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following statistics are for the total crashes, injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More Fairview Heights, IL Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks shows how dangerous motorcyclists can be when other people don't pay attention on the road:
- Even though .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to research from the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are estimated to be 37 percent successful in preventing fatal injuries to motorcycle operators.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when bars are at their fullest and after dark.
While some drivers have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the vast majority of bikers value their safety. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or their wariness to share the road that gets people hurt. If another driver in the Fairview Heights, IL area injured you, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you recover the money you are entitled to.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Fairview Heights, IL?
Driving Under the Influence
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills roughly one person every 45 minutes. Drunk driving contributed to over three-tenths of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than one with 2 wheels, they are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as uneven pavement, slippery surfaces, potholes, and animals. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was in charge of ensuring the road's safety.
Over 40 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
Over 30 percent of motorcycle crash deaths had speeding as a contributing factor. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, they can also be caused by car or truck drivers who force a biker to take evasive action.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than passenger cars, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Fairview Heights, IL Do For My Case?
Most of our clients have never had an injury before, and don't know what the procedure is for filing a claim and what a full financial recovery for their injuries is. A Halvorsen Klote Fairview Heights, IL motorcycle accidents attorney represent with the highest-quality legal advocacy by:
- Fully investigating your claimso that we can acquire the necessary evidence and identify all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our legal knowledge and network of Fairview Heights, IL crash experts to determine who needs to be held accountable.
- Providing you with sound legal guidance as your case progresses, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Fairview Heights, IL.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you are not left wondering. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make get every penny you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We founded our practice on the principle accident victims and their families should have access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Handling the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can spend your time on what matters most: recovering from your injuries and putting your life back together.
- Fight hard for you so that you receive the best possible financial recovery for all of your damages, including medical expenses, money you lost from not working, anything you paid out-of-pocket and less tangible damages like pain and suffering.
When you're injured through no fault of your own, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Fairview Heights, IL motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you get the recovery you deserve.
Other cases we take on in Fairview Heights, IL include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Fairview Heights, IL Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've devoted our practice to helping those Fairview Heights, IL residents who have been treated wrongly. For a free case evaluation with a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.