Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Owensville, MO
Owensville, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Owensville, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Owensville, MO. Riding a motorcycle can give you a great mixture of peace and excitement. However, too many other drivers on the Owensville, MO roads either don't pay enough attention to motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries sustained in motorcycle crashes can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of anxiety. If you were injured by a negligent driver, Halvorsen Klote's Owensville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will get you the best possible financial recovery for your injuries. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized atmosphere will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Owensville, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a complimentary consultation. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Owensville, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury cases in Owensville, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Owensville, Missouri and Illinois?
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following statistics are for the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
Other Owensville, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a deeper look into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Despite the fact that .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycles account for 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to statistics compiled by the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are estimated to be 37 percent effective in stopping motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after dark.
While some drivers have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the vast majority of bikers value their safety. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't pay attention or don't want to share the road. If you were hurt because another Owensville, MO driver was negligent, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best results in your case.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Owensville, MO?
Driving Under the Influence
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was found to be involved in 34 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than a motorcycle, road hazards such as uneven pavement, slippery surfaces, potholes, and poorly placed signs pose a heightened risk. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company responsible for maintaining the road.
Almost half of of motorcycle accidents that cause death occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is due to something called "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains cannot process a smaller vehicle like a motorcycle because of our limited ability to take in sensory information only lets us see cars and trucks.
A third of motorcycle fatalities were caused at least in part by speeding. While some bikers are known to speed, it often is the fault of passenger car drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than other vehicles, and many motorcyclists downshift to break, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. Still, just as in a crash between two cars or a car and a truck, the driver behind the other has a responsibility to slow down in time.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Owensville, MO?
Most call us have never been in a situation like this before, and are unsure what the procedure is for receiving compensation and the value of the injuries. A Halvorsen Klote Owensville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney be your legal advocate by:
- Carrying out an exhaustive investigation into your accidentso that we can gather valuable evidence and identify all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our legal knowledge and network of Owensville, MO accident experts to determine who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal advice as we negotiate with the insurance company, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Owensville, MO.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the status of your claim so that you are never left in the dark. We take pride in our ability to make our clients feel valued.
- Leveling the playing field against large insurance companies so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of people who do not know the law. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Overseeing all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your energy on what's important: recovering from your injuries and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Ensure that you receive maximum compensation for all of your damages, including your urgent care bills, procedures, chiropractic appointments, prescription and more, lost wages, other expenses related to your injury and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it immediately disrupts your life. The Owensville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you get the recovery you deserve.
Owensville, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Owensville, MO did not do the right thing. For a free case review with an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.