Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Ellisville, MO
Ellisville, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Ellisville, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Ellisville, MO. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, Ellisville, MO motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries sustained in motorcycle wrecks can cause immediate and devastating financial, physical and emotional hardships. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, Halvorsen Klote's Ellisville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will help you get your life back on track. Our diligence and client-centered approach will help you feel at ease and confident that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Ellisville, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Ellisville, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we reach a successful conclusion for your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury claims in Ellisville, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Ellisville, Missouri and Illinois?
Across the country, in 2020 motorcycle accidents lead to 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, according to the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In St. Louis City and St. Louis County alone, there were 321 crashes, which resulted in 240 injuries and 9 deaths.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle crashes, which lead to 2,404 injuries, 867 severely debilitating injuries and 152 deaths.
Other Ellisville, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks shows how dangerous motorcyclists can be when other people don't pay attention on the road:
- Even though .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to research from the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 37 percent effective in stopping motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illuminating why motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after sunset.
While some people have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the bulk of bikers value their safety. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't pay attention or don't want to share the road. If another driver in the Ellisville, MO area injured you, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best possible financial recovery.
What Are Common Causes of Ellisville, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
DUIs or DWIs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills roughly one person every 45 minutes. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over three-tenths of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, they are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as uneven pavement, slick surfaces, potholes, and animals. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the responsible party may be a government entity or construction company.
Almost half of of fatal motorcycle crashes occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
Over 30 percent of fatal motorcycle accidents involve speeding. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, they can also be caused by passenger car drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as passenger cars, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. Still, just as in a crash between two cars, the trailing has a responsibility to slow down in time.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Ellisville, MO Help Me?
Most seek out our services have never been in a situation like this before, and don't know how to go about receiving compensation and how much full compensation really looks like. A Halvorsen Klote Ellisville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will help your case by:
- Fully investigating your claimso that we can acquire the necessary evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all at-fault parties. We use our legal knowledge and network of Ellisville, MO collision experts to ascertain how much your injuries are worth and who needs to be held responsible.
- Providing you with sound legal counsel as your case progresses, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Ellisville, MO.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the status of your claim so that you know we are giving it our full attention. We take pride in our client-centered approach to legal representation.
- Leveling the playing field against wealthy insurance companies so you make get every penny you deserve. Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of people who do not know the law. We founded our practice on the idea accident victims and their families should have quality legal representation that gets results.
- Overseeing the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can focus on what matters most: reaching your best possible medical recovery and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Make sure that you receive the best possible financial recovery for everything you are owed, including medical expenses, lost wages, other expenses related to your injury and noneconomic damages.
When you're injured in a motorcycle accident because of somebody else's negligence, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Ellisville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are taken care of.
Ellisville, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've devoted our practice to making a difference in the lives of Ellisville, MO individuals and families who have been treated wrongly. To speak to an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.