Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Cape Girardeau, MO
Cape Girardeau, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Cape Girardeau, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Cape Girardeau, MO. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, too many other drivers on the Cape Girardeau, MO roads either don't look out for motorcyclists or are actively hostile against them. Injuries experienced in motorcycle crashes can be devastating and life-changing. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, trust in the Cape Girardeau, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our experience and client-centered approach will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Cape Girardeau, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation. We serve clients throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Cape Girardeau, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no upfront costs, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury cases in Cape Girardeau, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Cape Girardeau, Missouri and Illinois?
In the United States, in 2020 motorcycle wrecks caused 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, according to the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the Greater St. Louis area, there were 321 crashes, which lead to 240 people becoming injured and 9 people passing away.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle accidents, which resulted in 2,404 injuries, 867 severely debilitating injuries and 152 fatalities.
More Cape Girardeau, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks is stark:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of total injuries, according to statistics compiled by the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are estimated to be 37 percent successful in preventing fatal injuries to motorcycle operators.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when people are more likely to be intoxicated and after 6 P.M. when visibility is lower.
While some people give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the lion's share of bikers practice safety measures. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't pay attention or don't want to share the road. If you were hurt because another Cape Girardeau, MO driver did not look out for your safety, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you recover the money you are entitled to.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Cape Girardeau, MO?
Driving Under the Influence
Drunk driving contributes to more traffic-related accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving contributed to over a third of of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, motorcycle are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as uneven pavement, slippery surfaces, potholes, and poorly placed signs. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the at-fault party may be a government entity or construction company.
Almost 50 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains cannot process a smaller vehicle like a motorcycle because of our limited ability to take in sensory information only lets us see cars and trucks.
Thirty-three percent of motorcycle crash deaths were caused at least in part by speeding. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, it often is the fault of enclosed-vehicle motorists driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, preventing the break lights from coming on. Still, just as in a crash between two cars, the driver behind the other has a responsibility to slow down in time.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Cape Girardeau, MO Help Me?
Most are looking to hire a personal injury before have never been in a situation like this before, and are unsure how to go about receiving compensation and the value of the injuries. A Halvorsen Klote Cape Girardeau, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will immediately start working on your case by:
- Fully investigating your claimin order to gather the necessary evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our legal knowledge and network of Cape Girardeau, MO accident experts to determine who needs to be held accountable.
- Providing you with sound legal guidance throughout the duration of your claim, so you can make the best decision for you, your future, and your Cape Girardeau, MO loved ones.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you are not left wondering. We take pride in our ability to let our clients know that their case means something to us.
- Leveling the playing field against large insurance companies so you make get every penny you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters know that the average person doesn't know injury law. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Managing all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can spend your time on what matters most: recovering from your injuries and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Fight hard for you so that you get maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, money you lost from not working, other expenses related to your injury and pain and suffering.
When you're injured in a motorcycle accident because of somebody else's negligence, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The Cape Girardeau, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
Other cases we take on in Cape Girardeau, MO include:
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Cape Girardeau, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Cape Girardeau, MO did not do the right thing. To speak to a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.