Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Cape Girardeau, MO
Cape Girardeau, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Cape Girardeau, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Cape Girardeau, MO. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, Cape Girardeau, MO motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries sustained in motorcycle wrecks can cause immediate and devastating financial, physical and emotional burdens. If you were injured by a negligent driver, trust in the Cape Girardeau, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to get you the best possible financial recovery for your injuries. Our dedication and client-centered approach will help you feel at ease and confident that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict from a jury. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Cape Girardeau, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a free case evaluation. We serve clients throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Cape Girardeau, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no upfront costs, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury claims in Cape Girardeau, MO:
Cape Girardeau, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following statistics are for the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More Cape Girardeau, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are alarming, but|a deeper study into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Despite the fact that .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycles account for 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are estimated to be 37 percent successful in stopping fatal injuries to motorcycle operators.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries outpaced death by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, meaning motorcycles are more dangerous to operate than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when visibility is lower.
While some people give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the lion's share of bikers practice safety measures. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't look out for bikers or don't want to share the road. If you were hurt because another Cape Girardeau, MO driver was negligent, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best possible financial recovery.
What Are Common Causes of Cape Girardeau, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
DUIs or DWIs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common cause of motor vehicle accidents, and in the U.S. it kills about one person every 45 minutes. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over three-tenths of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than one with 2 wheels, road hazards such as ruts in the road, inclement weather, potholes, and animals create an increased risk. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the responsible party may be a government entity or construction company.
Over 40 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur at intersections when a car or truck turning left hits a motorcyclist going straight. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're looking. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains are scanning for cars, but don't register motorcycles at cars.
A third of motorcycle crash deaths involve speeding. While some bikers are known to speed, another culprit is passenger car drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, preventing the break lights from coming on. Still, just as in a crash between two cars, the driver behind the other vehicle is almost always at complete fault for the accident.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Cape Girardeau, MO Help Me?
Most of our clients have never had to hire a lawyer before, and are unsure what the procedure is for receiving compensation and what a full financial recovery for their injuries is. A Halvorsen Klote Cape Girardeau, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will immediately start working on your case by:
- Performing an extensive investigation into your casein order to acquire valuable evidence and identify all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our expertise and network of Cape Girardeau, MO accident experts to determine the value of your injuries and who needs to be held accountable.
- Providing you with sound legal guidance as we negotiate with the insurance company, so you can make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Cape Girardeau, MO.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you know we are giving it our full attention. We take pride in our client-centered approach to legal representation.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make get every penny you are owed. Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of people who do not know the law. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones quality legal representation that gets results.
- Overseeing all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your time on what matters most: healing and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Make sure that you receive the best possible financial recovery for all of your damages, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, lost wages, other expenses related to your injury and less tangible damages like pain and suffering.
When you're following all the rules and end up injured because somebody else did something wrong, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The Cape Girardeau, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are taken care of.
Cape Girardeau, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Cape Girardeau, MO did not do the right thing. To speak to a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.