Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Clayton, MO
Clayton, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Clayton, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Clayton, MO. Riding a motorcycle can give you a great mixture of peace and excitement. However, Clayton, MO motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries sustained in motorcycle wrecks can be devastating and have long-term effects. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, Halvorsen Klote's Clayton, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized environment will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Clayton, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Clayton, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury cases in Clayton, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Clayton, Missouri and Illinois?
In the United States, in 2020 motorcycle wrecks caused 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, based on info from the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the Greater St. Louis area, there were 321 crashes, which lead to 240 injuries and 9 deaths.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle crashes, which lead to 2,404 injuries, 867 severely debilitating injuries and 152 deaths.
More Clayton, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are startling, but|a deeper study into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to statistics compiled by the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent effective at stopping fatal injuries for motorcycle passengers.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, meaning motorcycles are more dangerous to operate than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when bars are at their fullest and after dark.
While some people give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the bulk of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't pay attention or don't want to share the road. If you were hurt because another Clayton, MO driver did not look out for your safety, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you recover the money you are entitled to.
What Are Common Causes of Clayton, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
DUIs or DWIs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common cause of motor vehicle accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was a factor in over three-tenths of motorcycle fatalities.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than a motorcycle, road hazards such as uneven pavement, slippery surfaces, potholes, and animals pose an increased risk. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the at-fault party may be a government entity or construction company.
Almost half of of motorcycle accidents that cause death occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're looking. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains are scanning for cars, but don't register motorcycles at cars.
Thirty-three percent of fatal motorcycle accidents involve speeding. While some bikers are known to speed, it often is the fault of car or truck drivers who force a biker to react quicker than they can safely do so.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than passenger cars, and many motorcyclists roll off the throttle to break, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to slow down in time.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Clayton, MO?
Most call us have never had an injury before, and don't know what the procedure is for filing a claim and the value of the injuries. A Halvorsen Klote Clayton, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will help your case by:
- Conducting a full investigation into your casein order to acquire valuable evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our experience and network of Clayton, MO collision experts to determine how much your injuries are worth and who needs to be held responsible.
- Offering sound legal counsel throughout the duration of your claim, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your Clayton, MO family.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the progress of your claim so that you are never left in the dark. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make get every penny you deserve. Insurance adjusters know that the average person doesn't know injury law. We founded our practice on the notion accident victims and their families should have expert legal representation that gets results.
- Handling all of the legal aspects of your case so you can focus on what matters most: recovering from your injuries and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Fight hard for you so that you receive a full financial recovery for everything you are owed, including medical expenses, money you lost from not working, other expenses related to your injury and less tangible damages like pain and suffering.
When you're injured in a motorcycle accident because of somebody else's negligence, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The Clayton, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you do not have to go through this alone.
Other cases we handle in Clayton, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Clayton, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've dedicated our practice to making a difference in the lives of Clayton, MO individuals and families who have been treated unfairly. To speak to an expert motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.