Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Kirkwood, MO
Kirkwood, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Kirkwood, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Kirkwood, MO. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, too many other drivers on the Kirkwood, MO roads either don't respect the safety of motorcyclists or are actively hostile against them. Injuries suffered in motorcycle crashes can be ruinous and have long-term effects. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, trust in the Kirkwood, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to help you get your life back on track. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized environment will help you feel at ease and confident that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict from a jury. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Kirkwood, MO today at 866-382-4167 or get in touch with us online for a free case review. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Kirkwood, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury cases in Kirkwood, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Kirkwood, Missouri and Illinois?
In the United States, in 2020 motorcycle accidents resulted in 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, there were 2,177 motorcycle accidents, resulting in 1,658 injuries and 118 fatalities, based on research compiled in the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In St. Louis City and St. Louis County alone, there were 321 crashes, which lead to 240 people becoming injured and 9 people passing away.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle accidents, which resulted in 2,404 injuries, 867 "A-list" injuries and 152 fatalities.
More Kirkwood, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks shows how dangerous motorcyclists can be when other people don't pay attention on the road:
- Even though motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of total injuries, according to the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent effective at preventing fatal injuries for motorcycle passengers.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while .068 percent of motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries were more common than fatalities by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when people are more likely to be drinking and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some drivers give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the vast majority of bikers value their safety. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that gets people hurt. If you were hurt because another Kirkwood, MO driver was negligent, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best possible financial recovery.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Kirkwood, MO?
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately one person every three quarters of an hour. Drunk driving contributed to 34 percent of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, they are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as uneven pavement, slippery surfaces, potholes, and debris. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the at-fault party may be a government entity or construction company.
Almost 50 percent of motorcycle accidents that lead to death occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're looking. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains are scanning for cars, but don't register motorcycles at cars.
Thirty-three percent of motorcycle crash deaths were caused at least in part by speeding. While some bikers are known to speed, it often is the fault of enclosed-vehicle motorists who force a biker to embark on emergency falls.
Motorcycles have a smaller breaking distance than passenger cars, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. Still, just as in a crash between two cars or a car and a truck, the trailing has a responsibility to slow down in time.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Kirkwood, MO Do For My Case?
Most call us have never had an injury before, and are unsure the process of filing a claim and how much full compensation really looks like. A Halvorsen Klote Kirkwood, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will immediately start working on your case by:
- Carrying out an exhaustive investigation into your claimso that we can acquire important evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our expertise and network of Kirkwood, MO accident experts to ascertain the precise cause of your injuries.
- Offering sound legal guidance as your case progresses, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Kirkwood, MO.
- Letting you know what's going on in your case so that you know we are giving it our full attention. We take pride in our client-centered approach to legal representation.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters will sometimes flat out lie to you and mislead to you make you think your claim is worth less than it really is. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones expert legal representation that gets results.
- Managing all of the legal aspects of your case so you can focus on what matters most: recovering from your injuries and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Fight hard for you so that you receive maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, money you lost from not working, other expenses related to your injury and pain and suffering.
When you're following all the rules and end up injured because somebody else did something wrong, it immediately disrupts your life. The Kirkwood, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are taken care of.
Other cases we handle in Kirkwood, MO include:
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
Kirkwood, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Kirkwood, MO did not do the right thing. For a free case evaluation with an expert motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.