Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Pevely, MO
Pevely, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Pevely, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Pevely, MO. Riding a motorcycle can give you a great mixture of peace and excitement. However, too many other drivers on the Pevely, MO roads either don't respect the safety of motorcyclists or are actively hostile against them. Injuries sustained in motorcycle wrecks can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of doubt. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, trust in the Pevely, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our diligence and client-centered approach will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict at trial. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Pevely, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a complimentary case review. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Pevely, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no upfront costs, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury claims in Pevely, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Pevely, Missouri and Illinois?
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following represents the total crashes, injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More Pevely, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are alarming, but|a deeper dive into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Even though motorcycles make up only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of total injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent successful at stopping motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illuminating why motorcycles are more dangerous to drive or ride than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when visibility is lower.
While some motorists give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the lion's share of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or their wariness to share the road that gets people hurt. If another driver in the Pevely, MO area injured you, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Pevely, MO?
Drunk driving accidents are the most common cause of motor vehicle accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately one person every 45 minutes. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over a third of of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than a motorcycle, road hazards such as ruts in the road, slippery surfaces, potholes, and debris create an increased risk. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the at-fault party may be a government entity or construction company.
Almost 50 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur at intersections when a car or truck turning left hits a motorcyclist who had the right of way. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains cannot process a smaller vehicle like a motorcycle because of how much sensory information we receive as we drive.
A third of fatal motorcycle accidents involve speeding. While some bikers are known to speed, another culprit is passenger car drivers who force a biker to take evasive action.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than passenger cars, and many motorcyclists downshift to break, preventing the break lights from coming on. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Pevely, MO?
Most seek out our services have never had to hire a lawyer before, and don't know how to go about receiving compensation and how much full compensation really looks like. A Halvorsen Klote Pevely, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will immediately start working on your case by:
- Carrying out a complete investigation into your accidentin order to obtain the necessary evidence and identify all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our experience and network of Pevely, MO collision experts to determine the value of your injuries and who needs to be held accountable.
- Providing you with sound legal counsel throughout the duration of your claim, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for you and your Pevely, MO family.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you are never left in the dark. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Leveling the playing field against large insurance companies so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We founded our practice on the idea accident victims and their families should have access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Overseeing all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your time on what's important: reaching your best possible medical recovery and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Fight hard for you so that you receive maximum compensation for all of your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, anything you paid out-of-pocket and noneconomic damages.
When you're injured through no fault of your own, it immediately disrupts your life. The Pevely, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are taken care of.
Other cases we handle in Pevely, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Pevely, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. We've devoted our practice to helping those Pevely, MO individuals and families who have been treated unfairly. For a complimentary case review with a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.