Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Pevely, MO
Pevely, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Pevely, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Pevely, MO. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of fellowship and thrill. However, Pevely, MO motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries suffered in motorcycle crashes can be ruinous and have long-term effects. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, Halvorsen Klote's Pevely, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will get you the best possible financial recovery for your injuries. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized atmosphere will help you feel at ease and confident that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict from a jury. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Pevely, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Pevely, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury cases in Pevely, MO:
Pevely, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following statistics are for the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More Pevely, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are alarming, but|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks is stark:
- Despite the fact that .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycles account for 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of total injuries, according to statistics compiled by the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent successful at preventing motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illuminating why motorcycles are more dangerous to operate than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some people have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the lion's share of bikers value their safety. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or their wariness to share the road that causes someone else injuries. If another driver in the Pevely, MO area injured you, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
What Are Common Causes of Pevely, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
DUIs or DWIs
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately one person every three quarters of an hour. Drunk driving was found to be involved in 34 percent of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, motorcycle are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as ruts in the road, slippery surfaces, potholes, and debris. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the at-fault party may be a government entity or construction company.
Over 40 percent of motorcycle accidents that cause death occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are scanning for cars, but don't register motorcycles at cars.
Over 30 percent of motorcycle crash deaths involve speeding. While some bikers are known to speed, another culprit is enclosed-vehicle motorists driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as other vehicles, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like rolling off the throttle, preventing the break lights from coming on. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Pevely, MO Do For My Case?
Most call us have never had an injury before, and are unsure what the procedure is for filing a claim and how much full compensation really looks like. A Halvorsen Klote Pevely, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will help your case by:
- Conducting a complete investigation into your caseso that we can obtain important evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our expertise and network of Pevely, MO collision experts to determine who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal counsel as we negotiate with the insurance company, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Pevely, MO.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the progress of your claim so that you are not left wondering. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Leveling the playing field against powerful insurance companies so you make get every penny you deserve. Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of people who do not know the law. We founded our practice on the idea accident victims and their families should have quality legal representation that gets results.
- Overseeing all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can focus on what matters most: healing and putting your life back together.
- Make sure that you receive the best possible financial recovery for everything you are owed, including medical expenses, lost wages, anything you paid out-of-pocket and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're following all the rules and end up injured because somebody else did something wrong, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The Pevely, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you get the recovery you deserve.
Pevely, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. We've dedicated our practice to helping those Pevely, MO individuals and families who have been treated wrongly. To speak to an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.