Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Ballwin, MO
Ballwin, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Ballwin, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Ballwin, MO. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, too many other drivers on the Ballwin, MO roads either don't look out for motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries suffered in motorcycle accidents can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of anxiety. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, trust in the Ballwin, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to help you get your life back on track. Our dedication and client-centered approach will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Ballwin, MO today at 866-382-4167 or get in touch with us online for a free case review. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Ballwin, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury cases in Ballwin, MO:
Ballwin, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following statistics are for the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More Ballwin, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a deeper study into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Even though .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of all injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are considered to be 37 percent successful in stopping motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illuminating why motorcycles are more dangerous to drive than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some people have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the bulk of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that causes someone else injuries. If another driver in the Ballwin, MO area injured you, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best results in your case.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Ballwin, MO?
Drunk driving accidents are the most common cause of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was a factor in over a third of of motorcycle fatalities.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than a motorcycle, they are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as uneven pavement, slick surfaces, potholes, and poorly placed signs. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the responsible party may be a government entity or construction company.
Over 40 percent of motorcycle accidents that cause death occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are scanning for cars, but don't register motorcycles at cars.
Thirty-three percent of fatal motorcycle accidents had speeding as a contributing factor. While some bikers are known to speed, they can also be caused by passenger car drivers who force a biker to react quicker than they can safely do so.
Motorcycles have a smaller breaking distance than cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists downshift to break, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. Still, just as in a crash between two cars, the trailing has a responsibility to slow down in time.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Ballwin, MO?
Most who come to see us have never been in a situation like this before, and are unsure how to go about filing a claim and how much full compensation really looks like. A Halvorsen Klote Ballwin, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will help your case by:
- Fully investigating your accidentso that we can acquire valuable evidence and determine liability. We use our expertise and network of Ballwin, MO collision experts to ascertain the precise cause of your injuries.
- Providing you with sound legal guidance as your case progresses, so you can make the best decision for you and your Ballwin, MO family.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you know we are giving it our full attention. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Leveling the playing field against powerful insurance companies so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Handling all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can spend your energy on what's important: healing and putting your life back together.
- Fight hard for you so that you receive maximum compensation for all of your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, other expenses related to your injury and less tangible damages like pain and suffering.
When you're following all the rules and end up injured because somebody else did something wrong, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The Ballwin, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
Other cases we take on in Ballwin, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Ballwin, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. We've dedicated our practice to making a difference in the lives of Ballwin, MO individuals and families who have been treated wrongly. To speak to a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.