Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Ballwin, MO
Ballwin, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Ballwin, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Ballwin, MO. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, too many other drivers on the Ballwin, MO roads either don't pay enough attention to motorcyclists or are actively hostile against them. Injuries suffered in motorcycle accidents can be catastrophic and life-changing. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, trust in the Ballwin, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our diligence and client-centered approach will help you feel at ease and confident that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Ballwin, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation. We serve clients throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Ballwin, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no upfront costs, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury claims in Ballwin, MO:
Ballwin, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Nationwide, in 2020 motorcycle wrecks resulted in 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, based on research compiled in the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the St. Louis metropolitan area, there were 321 crashes, which lead to 240 people becoming injured and 9 people passing away.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle accidents, which resulted in 2,404 injuries, 867 severely debilitating injuries and 152 fatalities.
Other Ballwin, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are alarming, but|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks is stark:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles make up only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of all injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are estimated to be 41 percent successful at stopping motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while .068 percent of motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries were more common than fatalities by a factor of over 100, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, meaning motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when visibility is lower.
While some people don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the bulk of bikers value their safety. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't pay attention or don't want to share the road. If you were hurt because another Ballwin, MO driver did not look out for your safety, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Ballwin, MO?
DUIs or DWIs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately one person every three quarters of an hour. Drunk driving contributed to over a third of of motorcycle fatalities.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, road hazards such as ruts in the road, inclement weather, potholes, and debris create a heightened risk. Even if you were not hit by another person, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was in charge of ensuring the road's safety.
Almost half of of motorcycle accidents that result in death occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're looking. This is due to something called "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains scan for cars but has not been sufficiently trained to scan for motorcycles.
A third of motorcycle crash deaths involve speeding. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, it often is the fault of enclosed-vehicle motorists who force a biker to react quicker than they can safely do so.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. Still, just as in a crash between two cars, the trailing has a responsibility to slow down in time.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Ballwin, MO Do For My Case?
Most seek out our services have never been in a situation like this before, and are unsure the process of receiving compensation and the value of the claim. A Halvorsen Klote Ballwin, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will immediately start working on your case by:
- Conducting a full investigation into your claimso that we can acquire valuable evidence and determine liability. We use our experience and network of Ballwin, MO collision experts to determine who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal guidance throughout the duration of your claim, so you can make the best decision for you and your Ballwin, MO family.
- Making sure you always know how your case is progression so that you are never left in the dark. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters will sometimes flat out lie to you and mislead to you make you think your claim is worth less than it really is. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Handling all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can focus on what's important: reaching your best possible medical recovery and putting your life back together.
- Fight hard for you so that you get a full financial recovery for all of your damages, including medical expenses, money you lost from not working, other expenses related to your injury and noneconomic damages.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Ballwin, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you do not have to go through this alone.
Ballwin, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. We've devoted our practice to helping those Ballwin, MO individuals and families who have been treated unfairly. To speak to an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.