Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Quincy, MO
Quincy, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Quincy, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Quincy, MO. There's no comparing the feeling of freedom and excitement motorcyclists feel when riding their bikes. However, motorcycle accidents are especially dangerous in Quincy, MO. Injuries sustained in motorcycle wrecks can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of anxiety. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, Halvorsen Klote's Quincy, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will help you get your life back on track. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized atmosphere will give you piece of mind and confidence that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Quincy, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a complimentary case evaluation. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Quincy, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we win your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury claims in Quincy, MO:
Quincy, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following statistics are for the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More Quincy, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are startling, but|a deeper dive into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent effective at stopping motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while .068 percent of motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries were more common than fatalities by a factor of over 100, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, meaning motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when visibility is lower.
While some motorists don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the vast majority of bikers are vigilant about theirs and others' safety. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't look out for bikers or don't want to share the road. If you were hurt because another Quincy, MO driver was negligent, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Quincy, MO?
DUIs or DWIs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common cause of motor vehicle accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over three-tenths of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because motorcycles have less of a base than other vehicles, road hazards such as uneven pavement, inclement weather, potholes, and gravel create a heightened risk. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company responsible for maintaining the road.
Almost 50 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
Thirty-three percent of motorcycle crash deaths had speeding as a contributing factor. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, it often is the fault of enclosed-vehicle motorists driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than other vehicles, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Quincy, MO Help Me?
Most call us have never had an injury before, and don't know how to go about receiving compensation and how much their injuries are worth. A Halvorsen Klote Quincy, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will help your case by:
- Conducting an exhaustive investigation into your accidentso that we can gather the necessary evidence and identify all liable parties. We use our experience and network of Quincy, MO crash experts to determine how much your injuries are worth and who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal counsel as we negotiate with the insurance company, so you can make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Quincy, MO.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you know we are giving it our full attention. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Leveling the playing field against large insurance companies so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters will sometimes flat out lie to you and mislead to you make you think your claim is worth less than it really is. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones quality legal representation that gets results.
- Managing all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your energy on what's important: healing and putting your life back together.
- Fight hard for you so that you get maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including medical expenses, lost wages, other expenses related to your injury and less tangible damages like pain and suffering.
When you're injured through no fault of your own, it immediately disrupts your life. The Quincy, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you do not have to go through this alone.
Quincy, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. We've devoted our practice to making a difference in the lives of Quincy, MO residents who have been treated wrongly. For a complimentary case evaluation with an expert motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.