Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Chamois, MO
Chamois, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Chamois, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Chamois, MO. Riding a motorcycle can give you a great mixture of peace and excitement. However, Chamois, MO motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries experienced in motorcycle accidents can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of anxiety. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, trust in the Chamois, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to help you get your life back on track. Our dedication and client-centered approach will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Chamois, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a free case evaluation. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Chamois, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no upfront costs, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury cases in Chamois, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Chamois, Missouri and Illinois?
Across the country, in 2020 motorcycle crashes resulted in 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, there were 2,177 motorcycle accidents, resulting in 1,658 injuries and 118 fatalities, based on info from the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the Greater St. Louis area, there were 321 crashes, which resulted in 240 injuries and 9 deaths.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle crashes, which resulted in 2,404 injuries, 867 debilitating injuries and 152 fatalities.
Other Chamois, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are startling, but|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks shows how dangerous motorcyclists can be when other people don't pay attention on the road:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to research from the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are considered to be 37 percent effective in stopping fatal injuries to motorcycle operators.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illuminating why motorcycles are more dangerous to operate than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when bars are at their fullest and after sunset.
While some drivers don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the bulk of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't pay attention or don't want to share the road. If another driver in the Chamois, MO area injured you, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best results in your case.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Chamois, MO?
Driving Under the Influence
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills about one person every 45 minutes. Drunk driving was a factor in 34 percent of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because motorcycles have less of a base than other vehicles, they are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as ruts in the road, slick surfaces, potholes, and signs that limit visibility. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company responsible for maintaining the road.
Forty-two percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur at intersections when a passenger car turning left hits a motorcyclist going straight. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're looking. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains scan for cars but has not been sufficiently trained to scan for motorcycles.
Thirty-three percent of motorcycle fatalities were caused at least in part by speeding. While some bikers are known to speed, they can also be caused by passenger car drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like rolling off the throttle, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to slow down in time.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Chamois, MO Do For My Case?
Most who come to see us have never been in a situation like this before, and don't know how to go about filing a claim and the value of the injuries. A Halvorsen Klote Chamois, MO motorcycle accidents attorney represent with the highest-quality legal advocacy by:
- Fully investigating your accidentso that we can gather the necessary evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all at-fault parties. You will have the advantage of our legal knowledge and network of Chamois, MO collision experts to determine who we need to make a claim against and for how much.
- Offering sound legal counsel as we go back and forth with the insurance company, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for you and your Chamois, MO family.
- Making sure you always know how your case is progression so that you are not left wondering. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Leveling the playing field against powerful insurance companies so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of people who do not know the law. We founded our practice on the idea accident victims and their families should have access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Handling all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can spend your energy on what's important: reaching your best possible medical recovery and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Ensure that you get the best possible financial recovery for all of your damages, including your urgent care bills, procedures, chiropractic appointments, prescription and more, lost wages, anything you paid out-of-pocket and pain and suffering.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Chamois, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you get the recovery you deserve.
Chamois, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Chamois, MO did not do the right thing. For a free consultation with an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.