Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Linn, MO
Linn, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Linn, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Linn, MO. There's no doubting the sense of freedom and excitement motorcyclists feel when riding their bikes. However, too many other drivers on the Linn, MO roads either don't look out for motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries experienced in motorcycle crashes can be ruinous and have long-term effects. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, Halvorsen Klote's Linn, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will help you get your life back on track. Our diligence and client-centered approach will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Linn, MO today at 866-382-4167 or get in touch with us online for a complimentary consultation. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Linn, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury cases in Linn, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Linn, Missouri and Illinois?
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following represents the total crashes, injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
Other Linn, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are startling, but|a deeper dive into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Even though .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are considered to be 37 percent effective in preventing motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illuminating why motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when people are more likely to be drinking and after dark.
While some motorists have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the bulk of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't look out for bikers or don't want to share the road. If another driver in the Linn, MO area injured you, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you recover the money you are entitled to.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Linn, MO?
Driving Under the Influence
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was a factor in over three-tenths of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, motorcycle are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as uneven pavement, slick surfaces, potholes, and debris. Even if you were not hit by another person, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was supposed to verify the road was safe for vehicle traffic.
Almost 50 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur at intersections when a passenger car turning left hits a motorcyclist going straight. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains are scanning for cars, but don't register motorcycles at cars.
Over 30 percent of motorcycle fatalities involve speeding. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, it often is the fault of passenger car drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists downshift to slow down, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Linn, MO Do For My Case?
Most call us have never been in a situation like this before, and are unsure the process of receiving compensation and whether the insurance company is being fair. A Halvorsen Klote Linn, MO motorcycle accidents attorney represent with the highest-quality legal advocacy by:
- Performing an extensive investigation into your claimso that we can obtain the necessary evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our experience and network of Linn, MO accident experts to determine the value of your injuries and who needs to be held responsible.
- Offering sound legal counsel as your case progresses, so you can make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Linn, MO.
- Making sure you always know how your case is progression so that you are never left in the dark. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Leveling the playing field against wealthy insurance companies so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters know that the average person doesn't know injury law. We founded our practice on the notion accident victims and their families should have access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Handling the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can spend your time on what's important: healing and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Make sure that you receive maximum compensation for all of your damages, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses and noneconomic damages.
When you're following all the rules and end up injured because somebody else did something wrong, it immediately disrupts your life. The Linn, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
Other cases we take on in Linn, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Linn, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Linn, MO did not do the right thing. To speak to an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.